DECLINED - [BUG] Getting Email Notifications from Uservoice

t4e

why am i still getting email notifications from Uservoice that an idea i follow has been updated?

it links back to to this page http://www.geocaching.com/feedback/ where there's nothing to do...

Status update

An idea you follow has been updated:

votes

Allow Users To Submit Own Difficulty & Terrain Ratings

Under Review → (No Status)

Moun10Bike

Moun10Bike

Admin, Geocaching

votes

Detailed Profile with Cache logs only for GC Friends

Moun10Bike

Moun10Bike

Admin, Geocaching

please fix this, uservoice is not in existance anymore and its quite useless for me to get any emails from it, doesn't even provide any details nor can i see them anywhere

not to mention that i never subscribed/followed any of those topics

This is because UV automatically subscribes you to status changes on topics for which you have voted. You would need to adjust your settings in your UV profile in order to change this behavior. I am going though our database doing some prioritization and because those UV topics were linked with out database, notifications of my changes are getting pushed out. I am trying to be conscious of unlinking before I save changes and trigger the email, but since I'm human I frequently neglect to do so. I will endeavor to do better going forward.

... You would need to adjust your settings in your UV profile in order to change this behavior. ...

I'm having problems here. I also received notifications about some topics that has changed its status. After reading your answer, I tried to adjust my account settings in UV, so I won't receive any more notifications from them. But, the password didn't work and when I tried to reset the password I was directed to http://www.geocaching.com/feedback/ :unsure:

Anyone else has this problem or its just me because I may have forgot my password in UV site?

I got one of these earlier too. It related to the old "Needs Archive" topic on UserVoice.

It came wafting into my Inbox, like the echoing voice from a long departed friend...

Ah yes... The old call to change "Needs archive" to "Needs Reviewer's Attention"... I remember it well.

Farewell sweet debate... until we meet again.

MrsB :D

This is because UV automatically subscribes you to status changes on topics for which you have voted. You would need to adjust your settings in your UV profile in order to change this behavior. I am going though our database doing some prioritization and because those UV topics were linked with out database, notifications of my changes are getting pushed out. I am trying to be conscious of unlinking before I save changes and trigger the email, but since I'm human I frequently neglect to do so. I will endeavor to do better going forward.

but there is no UV anymore :blink:

how am i supposed to get to my UV profile when everything directs to the link i posted above http://www.geocaching.com/feedback/

how am i supposed to get to my UV profile when everything directs to the link i posted above http://www.geocaching.com/feedback/

Sorry I wasn't more clear. UV still exists, but we no longer provide user access to it. As a result, you can't change your profile settings there, so I (and other people on the team at Groundspeak) need to be extra careful when editing bugs in our database that are linked to UV to avoid sending out these emails. Unfortunately, since I was prioritizing and tagging scores of bugs this morning, I missed a few.

Sorry I wasn't more clear. UV still exists, but we no longer provide user access to it. As a result, you can't change your profile settings there, so I (and other people on the team at Groundspeak) need to be extra careful when editing bugs in our database that are linked to UV to avoid sending out these emails. Unfortunately, since I was prioritizing and tagging scores of bugs this morning, I missed a few.

OK, no worries if it was just an oversight

i thought this might be something that would occur all the time

OK, no worries if it was just an oversight

i thought this might be something that would occur all the time

Thanks for the question asked and answered. I too was wondering what was going on when I received three notifications with no real information behind them. If it happens again we'll understand and just shrug it off.

I still get messages (mails) with "Status Update" of topics (threads) in the old forum.

For example on Dec.20th I got the following message:

Status update

votes

+1 votes

Historical Cache Type

Moun10Bike

Moun10Bike

Admin, Geocaching

When I click on the Link "Historical Cache Type" I cannot see the content of this status change, because the old forum is not accessable any longer. What about all the open or planned topics in the old forum? Why they where not migrated to the new forum??

Edited by wuliwup