[BUG] No Logs Found on published cache's page

msrubble

Seamonkey 2.5 on Windows XP Pro SP3.

On some cache pages, even on pages I have viewed earlier today, when I click on "View Logbook," the page that comes up says,

Geocaching > Hide and Seek A Geocache > Geocache Logbook

Logs for [icon for Cache Type] [Name of Cache]

Warning! Spoilers may be included in the descriptions or links.

All Logs (*)

Your Logs (*)

Your Friends' Logs (*)

Decrypt

No Logs Found

Decrypt

No Logs Found

Decrypt

No Logs Found

Advertising with Us

Most recently, this happened to me on Holmes City History Cache, which has 10 logs.

Any published cache should have at least 1 log.

The cache pages should be showing at least one log from publication. If there are five or more logs, I would expect to see at least the five most recent logs on the cache page. If the server gives the "View Logbook" version, I expect to see the logs when I click on the link. Again, every published cache will normally have at least one log, unless the owner has deleted the reviewer's "published" note.

Edited by msrubble

Still broken for me. The first cache page I tried, Captain B.J. Hunnicut, has two logs: "published" and a note by me. Instead of seeing them, I get the "View Logbook" link, but when I click on that, the page says, "No Logs Found."

It doesn't matter whether it is a cache I have found or not. It doesn't matter whether I have logged a note, logged a DNF, or not logged at at all. Characters in the name of the cache don't matter. It doesn't matter whether I scroll down or wait for the page to load. The cache number doesn't seem to matter (i.e., it is not only happening on newer caches). It doesn't matter whether the cache has five or more logs, or only a reviewer note.

This bug does not seem to affect Internet Explorer 7 on the same computer. I also notice that the logs autoload in IE, whereas in Seamonkey, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't and I can only see the logbook in chunks (View Logbook), and sometimes I get this No Logs Found bug.

I want to go out while there's still daylight, so not enough time right now to test Firefox on a different operating system.

I cannot replicate this bug with Seamonkey 2.0.14 on Fedora 14. This bug also does not seem to affect Firefox 8 on Fedora 14.

Maybe it is a browser parity issue from the December 6 site update.

The user-agent string I think my normal browser is sending is:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:8.0.1) Gecko/20111121 Firefox/8.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.5

I get this exact problem with Opera 11, FireFox 5 and Chrome 16.0.912.63

On two different computers. Vista and Windows 7, I haven't tried it on my Linux computers yet and probably won't since that isn't where I need this to work.

Tried clearing caches, didn't work, but that has never worked for any web issue I have ever had!

Lots of other annoying UI problems too.

Sir Robin, are you running Ad Block or other similar application? Any other add-ons?

Opera - none

FireFox Ad Block Plus, already disabled on Geocaching and always worked. Fully disabled it and still no logs.

Chrome just running evernote and Chrome to phone.

I can't seem to find any reason not to be getting logs.

Ok, even stranger, tried again while home for lunch and got logs right away with Chrome and Firefox. I will compare settings on the two comupters maybe Sunday, if I can see what might be causing it I will post so anyone else with trouble might get some help.

I can't figure how one being Win 7 and the other being Vista would make a difference so I am wondering if it is that I am using a GSM card at work, will try with a MiFi from a different carrier when I get back.

I just got the same problem using Firefox (9.0.1) and the extension program named NoScript (2.2.6).

I tested a few different settings in NoScript since I belived this was the key to solve the problem. I simply had to allow the script "googleapis.com" - then all logs appeared.