Are you a shutterbug?

DragonsWest

I have the camera with my about 50% of the time. Of course, that is the 50% that I don't see anything photo-worthy. The times I see something, the camera is still in the car or the house :(

I like to photo flowers and critters. I agree I can't get that sunbeam on the moss shot to be worthwhile. I don't usually photo the cache or TBs at the cache site. But if I like a TB and the timing is right, I might take it on an adventure and photo it along the way.

Yeah I finally got active looking for caches last week. I really been wanting to get out and take pictures with my dSLR Cannon. I figured this would be two hobbies that are meant to go together. I am planning to take my camera in hopes to find something interest to snap a photo of. If not I will still document my finds for my own collecting which I will post with my logs. I like the idea of looking for caches as a form of excercise and then get to see some cool places while I am out and about.

Diamondback on the way to placing this cache.

0884_snakebox.jpg

It was on the trail and my hiking partner lifted it out of the middle of the trail onto the box while I passed, unbitten. The ammo box survived, too. Snake was an incredibly good sport about it .. for a few minutes anyway, then it started to buzz.

Edited by DragonsWest

I'm pretty new as far as number found goes, 57 at the time of this post, but I have taken a photo every time and posted it. It seems that I've been leaning towards self portraits of my HUGE noggin with the cache, or with my kids and the cache... Sometimes I worry that the cache owner might not want anyone to see what the cache looks like until they find it, so I'm sure to title those "Spoiler Alert!"

I've been posting all of them to my Instagram account if anyone is interested. I'm also a commercial photographer and post stuff related to that on occasion.

My Instagram name is brooksayola.

I always have a camera.

First, to snap pictures in dark places to make sure I'm not about to reach in and touch a squirrel's nest, a snake, etc.

I also snap pics at almost every GZ. My iPhone makes it easy to upload to my logs.

I was just told that a local group of cachers used my photos from a series of caches in a local park. They presented them at a city council meeting trying to convince them the experiment of locating caches in one park is a success. As a result, caches are now approved for all local parks.

It was weid showing up to a meet-and-greet to hear everyone say, "It's her!" They had just heard the verdict! :)

I also photograph all the trackables that pass through my hands. I have submitted a suggestion to Groundspeak that they add the capability to attach photos to trackables logs like we do to cache logs. I mean... If you can attach a photo to a cache then why not a trackable?!? I think that would greatly increase the numbers of pictures.

I only got 196 puctures in my official gallery (alot more in my own private)

I only take pictures of things I think is special or funny or I maybe dont have a picture of before.

some trees got a wierd shape, I picture it :-)

I rarely bring a real cam, just the bad one in my phone,

some really cool cacle locations or cache containers I just got to take a picture off,

just too bad I can not put it online.

I always have a camera.

First, to snap pictures in dark places to make sure I'm not about to reach in and touch a squirrel's nest, a snake, etc.

I also snap pics at almost every GZ. My iPhone makes it easy to upload to my logs.

I was just told that a local group of cachers used my photos from a series of caches in a local park. They presented them at a city council meeting trying to convince them the experiment of locating caches in one park is a success. As a result, caches are now approved for all local parks.

It was weid showing up to a meet-and-greet to hear everyone say, "It's her!" They had just heard the verdict! :)

I also photograph all the trackables that pass through my hands. I have submitted a suggestion to Groundspeak that they add the capability to attach photos to trackables logs like we do to cache logs. I mean... If you can attach a photo to a cache then why not a trackable?!? I think that would greatly increase the numbers of pictures.

I've been doing this for years. If you log a pickup, drop or even a note, I think you just follow the Visit Log link where you can upload photos on your activities.

edit: This is why it's a pet peeve of mine when people just grab tracakbles before I can log a drop. I often have pictures and something to say.

edit: edit: and another couple from the trail on Saturday at Coe Back Country Weekend:

Grrrrreat Horny Toads!!

984a5df0-2f32-43a0-9065-fb7814222370.jpg

Tiger Swallowtail

9c374d1b-c52d-4172-9afd-7952c646f187.jpg

Edited by DragonsWest

I always have a camera.

I've been doing this for years. If you log a pickup, drop or even a note, I think you just follow the Visit Log link where you can upload photos on your activities.

Lovely pictures!

I know you can upload later but that only works if you spend time on a traditional computer. I do most of my logging on my iPhone and iPad.... so, unless it's a special scenario, very rarely do I upload pics from the computer :(

I always have a camera.

Lovely pictures!

I know you can upload later but that only works if you spend time on a traditional computer. I do most of my logging on my iPhone and iPad.... so, unless it's a special scenario, very rarely do I upload pics from the computer :(

Another point worth adding, you only get the arrows to view images back and forward on cache pages. I'd like to see that on Trackable Logs as well as Benchmarks.