Are NJ cachers getting lazy?

Team Catahoula

No. I find that a certain small percentage of cachers have always been lazy. Nothing new there. "Please rehide behind rocks so the bears don't turn this into a chew toy." Chomp! I've got a few difficult hides. Well, they're difficult if people would rehide them properly!

We're dealing with the 'least common denominator'. Lazy people have always been lazy, and they always will. Very sad, but true.

No. I find that a certain small percentage of cachers have always been lazy. Nothing new there. "Please rehide behind rocks so the bears don't turn this into a chew toy." Chomp! I've got a few difficult hides. Well, they're difficult if people would rehide them properly!

We're dealing with the 'least common denominator'. Lazy people have always been lazy, and they always will. Very sad, but true.

This is true, but, unfortunately, there more lazy people into caching now-a-days! :mad:

But, to HD's point, it just take one cacher not to return a cache to the correct location. And to other cachers defense, many will return the cache as found ... which, happens to be how the last person left it. :(

Some of it may be animals or weather but I'm sure there are also a few lazy cachers out there. There always have been some. Years ago there was one high numbers cacher who whenever she blew through the area there was a rash caches left in the open.

We have many more cachers these days so we likely have more lazy cachers too.

8198bd8f-01a1-4b79-ab88-24e51c2a4b13.jpg

Oh, I don't know if lazy is the proper term, more precisely terms such as less attentive or less respectful might be more appropriate. For this year I have seen a whole lot of cachers get involved in more than just caching, there is an event this Saturday at Apshawa , there have been a number of CITO events and Social Events, there is CTTS coming up which requires effort. Polskikrol has had a couple of CITOs this year with hard working cachers in attendance in the Meadowlands and Essex Hospital. The guys pictured above have been anything but lazy in their efforts to re-hab trails on High Mtn. There have been a number of really good placements, such as the PMolan Morris Canal Series and the Gabakufu Micro Series which evidenced creativity and humor. So maybe we have had a little slippage in some areas that we can address going forward, but we as a group still seem to be able to move forward. I see some efforts to build on caching for the greater good.

Just wondering if NJ cachers are getting lazy. Been checking on some of our caches. Seems like nobody wants to rehide the cache. I have found them sitting out in the open. Just today I found Capt Harleys Cache sitting out for the world to see.

I am always struck by how many squirrels toss my caches out of their hiding holes this time of year and once out they start getting washed away when it rains. This year seems worse. Perhaps it is a sign of the snowiest winter approaching since the ice age---oh sorry that was last year.