Trading Cache to Cache

Tim2AKAT2

There are times when I don't know if I am trading fair. I sometime take an item and then leave it in another cache. I only collect signure items and when I do leave an item of equal value. I wonder if I pick up an item in a cache without leaving something and then leave it in another cache that is lackig in swag am I not trading fair? I don't keep the items unless I leave something and the other caches now have something to trade am I breaking the take something leave something rule?

There are times when I don't know if I am trading fair. I sometime take an item and then leave it in another cache. I only collect signure items and when I do leave an item of equal value. I wonder if I pick up an item in a cache without leaving something and then leave it in another cache that is lackig in swag am I not trading fair? I don't keep the items unless I leave something and the other caches now have something to trade am I breaking the take something leave something rule?

You should not improve one cache at the detriment of another.

You should always leave something of equal or greater value in the cache in which you retrieved something. You can still donate the item you traded out to the other cache to help it out.

You should not improve one cache at the detriment of another.

This.

I often see cachers wanting an item, but having nothing proper to trade for it. So they take that item, with the notion that they'll "trade up" some other cache at some other time. This won't help the cache they just visited, and they're probably going to forget that trade up obligation. This is such a common phenom that typically any new cache, with pleasant trade items, will either be empty or contain junk in fairly short order.

I recently removed a small cache of my own. I'd replaced it in the last 14 months.

When I removed it, it contained the log, and small baggie with a couple of shark teeth.

When I placed it it contained: 2 pathtags (of local cachers), one matchsafe, one bison tube, and a small camo nylon bag (my sig item).5 items, each with an approx dollar value of $1. Anything like even trading should have left that container with 5 trade items, but I'd guess it went from 5 to 1 or 2 by the time it had been visited 5 times.

I don't expect this to change, but since you asked, please, really trade up, trade even or don't trade. Thanks

While the math might make sense, don't do it.

treat each cache as its own domain.

don't undertrade at one and overtrade at another.

While the math might make sense, don't do it.

treat each cache as its own domain.

don't undertrade at one and overtrade at another.

+1 What you are doing is really two trades, one is nothing for something and the other is something for nothing. :blink: Trad even, trade up or don't trade.