Automated cache content

crisu

Hi!

I think it would be a good idea to automate teh cache content. I mean that on the log entry form there should be a field for things which were going OUT and another field for things which came IN. If this would be realized it would be possible to show up the actual content in the general description of the cache.

What do you think about this idea?

Greetings from Vienna, Austria

Crisu

Due to the number of cachers who do not log on-line (only in the cache logbook) it wouldn't take very long for some cache contents to be way off. Good Idea, but probably wouldn't work.

John of 2oldfarts

Human beings can always be counted on to assert with vigor their God-given right to be stupid.--Dean Koontz

quote:
Originally posted by 2oldfarts (the rockhounders):

Due to the number of cachers who do not log on-line (only in the cache logbook) it wouldn't take very long for some cache contents to be way off. Good Idea, but probably wouldn't work.

John of 2oldfarts

Human beings can always be counted on to assert with vigor their God-given right to be stupid.--Dean Koontz

That's true. I agree it's a well intended idea but it probably wouldn't work.

Even if you discounted the people who don't log online (and it's a fairly sizeable number) not everybody can promptly log their finds. Some people go on weekend trips and don't get back to Sunday night.

Then there are the instances where the cache is found several times in one day.

It would be neat if it was possible icon_wink.gif

southdeltan

"Man can counterfeit everything except silence". - William Faulkner

Logging in and out travel bugs barely works correctly because people forget to log them... I can't tell you how many times I expected to find a travel bug in a cache and it was not there...

---------------------------------------------------

Free your mind and the rest will follow action-smiley-076.gif