Cheap bison tubes @ Mike's Merchandise

Tubes made by Bison Designs make for some pretty good caches. However, cheap knock offs like the one you linked to, maybe not so much. Typically, they are stamped, not milled, which leads to poorly matching threads. Moisture is a frequent problem with these fakes. The tubes shown in the link you provided, while visibly similar to the ones sold at Mike's, are probably quite different. For a quality Bison Tube, check out these:

http://www.bisondesigns.com/node/437

Tubes made by Bison Designs make for some pretty good caches. However, cheap knock offs like the one you linked to, maybe not so much. Typically, they are stamped, not milled, which leads to poorly matching threads. Moisture is a frequent problem with these fakes. The tubes shown in the link you provided, while visibly similar to the ones sold at Mike's, are probably quite different. For a quality Bison Tube, check out these:

http://www.bisondesigns.com/node/437

Very correct! The true bison designs are much better. They don't come with the little plastic container in there but they will hold up much better than the knock offs. When I first started caching I purchased a few of the knock offs from ebay and to put out, the colors wore off quickly, the threading was never consistent. I only deal with the true bison designs.

I'm sure they will be fine for a few weeks even months. But how will they be in a year or three?

i have had a few real Bison Design tubes out there for 4+ years without issues.

How do you tell what brand they are if you get them off ebay? I'm trying to remember when I bought mine, now that I think about it, it was probably three or four years ago. I don't think they came in any packaging. But the ones that are out are doing great. O rings are still intact.