E-Mail A Cache Function

Fledermaus

How about making an addition to each and every cache description page, allowing viewers to send a copy of a particular cache to a friend?

It could be added just below the "Print Friendly..." function and would simply state "Send Copy To A Friend". By clicking on this line of text, provided you have signed in, a copy would be sent to your friend with your E-Mail address attached.

However, if you're not signed in, you would then be required to sign in before the request could be completed. Otherwise, simply use the BACK button to escape and return to the cache page.

quote:
Originally posted by Poindexter:

You can do this in Internet Explorer by clicking on "File" "Send" "Page by E-mail"

That works in Netscape too.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

The only problem with this solution is that you may wish to send a cache page to someone on the site and not know their email address. I would just send them the cache ID number, though.

I guess I don't see why this function would be so useful.

quote:
Originally posted by sbell111:

The only problem with this solution is that you may wish to send a cache page to someone on the site and not know their email address. I would just send them the cache ID number, though.

I guess I don't see why this function would be so useful.

Good point, Steve. You could also just cut and past the cache url into the gc.com email, that way they get a clickable link sent to them.

I don't see it as being overly useful to most people, and only saving 2 mouse clicks for those who would. That said, why i wouldn't personally find it overly useful, it also wouldn't overly bother me if it was a small thing, like the "make this cache printable" feature. As long as it shared a line with something else, not get its own line, because right now, many caches just barely fit on one page when printed. If that was added at the expense of printing the last line of a cache page, THAT would bother me.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.