Geocoinfest US 2011 coins

mamoreb

I can't believe that I couldn't find a topic discussing the coins that debut at Geocoinfest US. We had one for EU, so I hope it is OK to open a topic for US as well. I know that each coin has its own topic, but I figure there will be many GCF US editions of already known coins, so it would be nice to see them all together.

So, as soon as you have your photos, pleeease share them with those of us that are stuck at home! :anicute:

I'm just getting back to my campsite (came to geocoinfest in my rv,) and I did manage to collect most of the geocoinfest specific coins, along with a couple of trader (including doggie coins I didn't have!)

I'll be sure to post (well, maybe 2 posts,) when I get home and get myself and heine and maxx settled in...10+ hour drive back home.

ILYK

looking through my bag-o-coins from geocoinfest, these along with the coin pictured above, are what I remember as being newly available or the official geocoinfest coins...

IMG_NEW-3-2.jpg

IMG_0001_NEW-1.jpg

IMG_0002_NEW-1.jpg

I did force myself :rolleyes: to trade for and purchase some other coins, but that's another post after they are placed into my mailbox!

ILYK
Edited by drneal

With the trades that I was able to do there were quite a few coins that I ended up with this weekend. Here are some of the purchases that I made while there from the Vendors. I will do this in a couple posts to make sure they aren't so big.

From Vanelle:

DSC03262-1.jpgDSC03246-1.jpg

DSC03242-1.jpgDSC03251-1.jpg

From Geocoinstore.com:

Schrodinger's Geocoin LE

DSC03260-1.jpg

Dragon's Tail LE : Silver

DSC03248-1.jpg

I have one extra of each for trade with the exception of Vanelle's Sunshine.Freedom (third picture)

Edited by scificollector

My first Geocoinfest and all I can say is .. wow .. Every coin you ever wanted to see and some you didn’t even know existed. To top it all off I do believe I got Hook’d I was empting my bag of goodies with all the trades and purchases and this is what fell out.

072384f1-c3b6-45a0-b62c-a4ef4967b2a5.jpg

I do believe I'm hooked :)

Thank You to my mystery coin giver :D

My first Geocoinfest and all I can say is .. wow .. Every coin you ever wanted to see and some you didn’t even know existed. To top it all off I do believe I got Hook’d I was empting my bag of goodies with all the trades and purchases and this is what fell out.

072384f1-c3b6-45a0-b62c-a4ef4967b2a5.jpg

I do believe I'm hooked :)

Thank You to my mystery coin giver :D

Sweet!!! That is a cool coin.

I arrived with half a lock n lock full of coins and left with 3 lock n locks worth of coins! So I am having most of them shipped back to me. They will arrive at the end of the week and I'll post photos then... I think I spent $895.00 all told! :blink: (includes lunches too).

wow, that's quite a lunch tab! :)

Honestly, I went away a bit disappointed with the small selection of coins that were available, and those that were available didn't impress me as much as past GCF coins did. I had earmarked $1000 spending money and spent roughly $200, mostly on geocaches and acessories from GxProxy (that included lunch too!) B)

I did make several really cool trades though! All in all a great event, just not as many coins as I expected... I ended up with 11 new coins and 93 new pathtags...

...now if I could have talked Moun10Bikeinto selling me that first coin of his, I'm sure I would have come home broke! :blink:

Finally got a chance to get a photo of the trades and few purchased coins from GCF.

a2b5ada8-23d9-44e2-bb60-be2260927e03.jpg

That GCC 6th anniversary coin on the 8th row looks like the one I put in the blind trade lol.

I was hoping a mystery coin giver would slip a mystery coin in my bag but I'm not that lucky :sad: But, on the other hand I was a volunteer at the travel bugs table and had my bag behind the tables up against the wall.

If I would have known the Silver Dragon's Tail was LE I would've gotten one. I want one now lol.

These are the coins that I bought plus I bought 2 Blackbeard travel tags but they aren't pictured...

new.jpg

The coins below is what I got from the blind trade or from that "spin the wheel" game(the first 2 rows I really like and lucked up on them...

2011-10-19_00-02-17_359.jpg

I've got extras of the octopus and the beach ball.