Some help needed please

hydrodis

Came across this as part of a puzzle to finding the coordinates,

(A*B)+10= , I know the values of A&B but what is the astrix. do I add or mutiply divide or minus?

PS: It is spelled, 'asterisk'. Its the same symbol that is on the multiplication key on a calculator, or on the numeric pad on any keyboard, between the divide key (/) and subtration key(-) and kitty-corner from the addition key (+)

(A*B)+10= , I know the values of A&B but what is the astrix. do I add or mutiply divide or minus?

PS: It is spelled, 'asterisk'. Its the same symbol that is on the multiplication key on a calculator, or on the numeric pad on any keyboard, between the divide key (/) and subtration key(-) and kitty-corner from the addition key (+)

My calculators all have X for multiplication. My keyboard and calculator emulators that run on my PC use a '*' for multiplication.

My calculators all have X for multiplication. My keyboard and calculator emulators that run on my PC use a '*' for multiplication.

Yeah but in algebra you use X as a varible a lot of the time so a different symbol is needed for multiplication to avoid confusion.

Yeah but in algebra you use X as a varible a lot of the time so a different symbol is needed for multiplication to avoid confusion.

I aint very cleva, so don't have a calculata wot can do algeebra... :blink:

(Still want to know what the 'Kitty Corner' is... :unsure: )

Knowschad already explained that part: Kitty corner is where you put the cat box.

but since we have "catty-corner" too, then that must be where you put the cat box if you have older cats. The first being younger kittens of course.

Or no symbol at all. Mostly, in algebra, "a times b" is simply written as ab.

I thought it was just a term we used around these parts. But apparently it is a bona fide dictionary entry.

Knowschad already explained that part: Kitty corner is where you put the cat box.

but since we have "catty-corner" too, then that must be where you put the cat box if you have older cats. The first being younger kittens of course.

No, "catty-corner" is where the chicks hang out.

:ph34r:

I've spent a lot of time on this, and give up now...

where exactly is the "subtration" key? And what does it do? :huh:

:P

Edited by Pup Patrol