Overseas trip coming Oct 10

The Jester

Oh my yes! At least one of my kids wants their TB to go to China. We had one on the way about a year ago, but it disappeared.

Will you be at Pirates of Idylwood tomorrow by chance?

Sorry, I didn't see this in time to respond, but I did stop by but everybody was gone...

Is there a cache locally to you that you can drop the TB in, giving me notice ahead so I can swing by and grab it?

I have 2 that wouldn't mind going

Do you want to meet somewhere (I still have a couple of places around Gig Harbor that I need to map the trails) or drop them in a cache so I can get them?

I have a geocoin from the BC Girl Scouts that seems to want to travel the world

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=c484868e-af9f-41a0-9f57-28ad6729affe

I'm in FW and work near Boeing Field so finding someplace for a handoff would be easy. Hope you have extra baggage for all the requests :-)

Do you want to meet somewhere (I still have a couple of places around Gig Harbor that I need to map the trails) or drop them in a cache so I can get them?

We can meet up in GH somewhere on Saturday, if that works for you.

Saturday is a problem, one of my nephews is getting married that day up in Bellingham. A weekday would work for me.

Saturday is a problem, one of my nephews is getting married that day up in Bellingham. A weekday would work for me.

Any day usually works for me. I am gonna be gone the next couple of days, and M/W/F afternoons are shot for the next few weeks. Pick a day that works, and we'll go from there.

I have a geocoin from the BC Girl Scouts that seems to want to travel the world

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=c484868e-af9f-41a0-9f57-28ad6729affe

I'm in FW and work near Boeing Field so finding someplace for a handoff would be easy. Hope you have extra baggage for all the requests :-)

Luggage isn't a problem - 2 checked bags (each) and a carryon plus laptop/purse bag. We don't need that many clothes...

Would the Denny's north of Southcenter work for you as a meet-up spot? What time do you head into Boeing Field? Or would evening be better?

Any day usually works for me. I am gonna be gone the next couple of days, and M/W/F afternoons are shot for the next few weeks. Pick a day that works, and we'll go from there.

Oops! Almost missed this post - we crossed posted and I didn't look until today. How about Tuesday? Later morning, maybe? Somewhere around the shopping center on Borgan Blvd and Harbor Hill Dr? I know there are restaurants there, I ate at the Panda Express once.

Oops! Almost missed this post - we crossed posted and I didn't look until today. How about Tuesday? Later morning, maybe? Somewhere around the shopping center on Borgan Blvd and Harbor Hill Dr? I know there are restaurants there, I ate at the Panda Express once.

I have a dentist appt at 10 in Port Orchard, but I can get to GH by noon.

I have a dentist appt at 10 in Port Orchard, but I can get to GH by noon.

Sounds good to me. Pick a spot and I'll be there.

Whoo Whee! What a trip! We saw quite a bit - but not very much. There's just too much to see. We took 1024 pictures and about 3 hours of video. We found 9 caches (4 virtual, 5 traditional), dropped 8 TB/coins and brought back 3. Thanks to SwineFlew, Shop99er, and VDS for getting me some of the TB/coins I took along. There weren't many caches near our route that were large enough to take them (really only one regular sized cache, the others large micros - but one micro coin fit in one - some of the others had baggies around them that 'took' the trackables).

We're just about back on Seattle time, China is 16 hours off (well, 15 with daylight savings time). I'm also glad to see 'normal' traffic around here - over there they use their horns instead of turn signals and courtesy.

I see that the geocoin that you dropped in China for me was picked up already. I'm sure the Girl Scouts in Canada will be thrilled. Thanks again.

I think only one traveller I dropped hasn't been picked up yet. A couple of the caches were quite busy (one had 3 visitors the same day), which seems unusual for those caches.

The traffic is much worse than anything I've seen in NY, or any other place I've seen. The road strips were mere suggestions, even the direction of travel was ignored at times. I remember one left turn the bus made, we had on coming traffic on both sides of the bus stopped at a light. They must be used to it, we only saw one accident. And that was minor. But I was sure glad I didn't have to try my hand at driving it! I could deal with Scotland - with traffic on the "wrong" side of the road, and multi-lane round-abouts - but this was freaky!