Bigfoot!

Road Bug

I thought I'd post a topic to have a little fun here. Ok, there are many people around this country who are into "bigfoot". There is actually a company called, "Bigfoot Research Organization" (BFRO). Look it up. Anyway, I thought I'd pose the question to the many hikers out there asking this question:

Have you ever seen or heard anything that can't be explained out in the woods? You know, nothing that would resemble a bear or other animal. The Bigfoot "experts" claim they can throw big rocks and hit wood against trees, etc. They also claim Bigfoot can make howls, screems and growls.

Do I believe in Bigfoot? Well, I don't know! I'm serious. When you watch the TV show they have and go to their website and read all the reports it really does make you wonder. I personally have never seen or heard anything that would make me a believer but I do have an open mind and think it could be possible we share this earth with an elusive creature called Bigfoot.

:blink:

I'd love to see one, or a footprint, or hear the "screams," but even though I'm out roaming the woods 1000% more now than I was in my pre-geocaching days, I'm not out in the woods nearly as much as a logger (loggers seem to be the ones who have the most bigfoot sightings around here) and I'm not usually out there at night, so I figure my odds are pretty slim. I know there might not even be such a creature in any event, but it's fun, when you're walking alone on a trail in the forest with dusk approaching, to watch, listen and wonder. :)

I've been out in the woods and heard a animalistic scream unlike any animal I heard before and then giant crashing through the woods. It was very strange and to this day I don't know what it was. Figured it was a big foot as the local big foot people have had sightings in that area. However, I talked to a friend of mine about it and he suggested windigo which is a possibility as well from what we could figure out of the situation.

:anibad: If you are ever bored and want an adventure. Spend the night along the North Cascades Highway where painted Bigfoot Foot Prints are painted across the roadway. I did back in the late 70's & early 80's, but nothing came around. It was several clear nights and very little traffic. We got up and headed to Winthrop for a fantastic breakfast.

Still after a total of 7 days at various times no sign of big Hairy, just quiet nights, great company and cold beer. :unsure:

However, I talked to a friend of mine about it and he suggested windigo which is a possibility as well from what we could figure out of the situation.

I just read about Windigo. Pretty freaky. I would rather run into Bigfoot than someone with Windigo! Interesting.

It was a really long discussion to get to the windigo conclusion based on where I was at the time and the circumstances. I live near a couple reservations where I am so windigo is considered to be the more plausible option for these things than big foot. Though there are people that think they have seen big foot around here too.

Sometimes my friend will shoot me a text message winds are whipping around and things are just "off" and say "watch out the windigo are restless tonight." Starts are a spirit before it goes into human psychosis in theory based on their legends.

Anyhow, I'd rather see big foot too.

"Bigfoot? Have you seen him?"

If you mean "Bigfoot" as om the legendary, mythical, huge bi-pedal primate species that has the power to have never left any trace in the fossil record (or hair, or poop) and has been able to evade the eyes/bullets/bay dogs of hunters on the north american continent for centuries......no, I haven't. Niether has anyone else, really.

As to screams in the wilderness.....the large cats that do live in "bigfoot country" can make some loud and and alarming sounds. One time, while hunting, I heard a whitetail doe make really strange and loud sound. I've explained and tried to repeat that sound to much more experienced hunters and none of those guys have ever heard a deer make the sound I attempted to reproduce.

Also, the main guy at the BFRO place has a telling last name......Moneymaker. :rolleyes:

Edited by Woodstramp

I've heard deer scream before and what I heard wasn't like it. We don't have big cats for the most part here other than a really random more north than I was. Lots of animals do make screaming sounds if pushed to that point.

First and only time I heard the noise I heard and it was something very large crashing around in the bush. I'm still liking the windigo theory best for my issue.

Bert,

You happen to get a good pic or video? Would love to see that.

I was hunting high on a mountain ridge about 10 years ago. High enough that I knew that there'd be no one in sight. Got settled in. After an hour of being still and soaking in the beauty of cool air and fall colors I saw a man in a red shirt. He was about 75 yards down the ridge below me. Some brush between he and me, but there he was, facing me, red shirt,leaning against a tree looking my way. I was first alarmed, because the leaf matter on the ground was like corn flakes. Walking through that stuff would have alerted me to him coming in. Kind of creeped me out. I don't like to move much on a blind, but this bugged me enough to get up and check him out. Just few yards of moving and he vanished! The man in the red shirt was a collage of leaves from that particular vantage point.

I (no joke....truly) keep a small Flip video cam in my car at all times. I want to be the first to take a credible video of a UFO or a Alabama Skunk Ape (local BF species). When I hit the woods, the Flip is in my shirt pocket. The proof could be worth millions.

Also, a buddy of mine has some really cool trail cameras for his hunting lease. The things are amazing. They can do stills and video, are motion activated, have IR illumination so as to not spook critters that wonder by. He, of course, uses them to get familiar with deer on the property, but he has pics of most any critter. Deer, possum, hogs, dogs, coyotes, bobcats, house cats, squirrel etc. Critters of about any size/shape with warm blood. I would think a 10'tall/ 500lb 'squatch could easily trip one of those. These things are not that expensive.

Oh, I forgot....hunters and biologists use these in the Pacific NW too. Bigfoot must not be warm blooded or is sophisticated enough to foil modern electronics. A truly amazing animal.

You get a good pic or video, chunk of BF hair, turd or leg bone.....I'll be the first to eat crow.

Apparently, Wendigos are not as adept at escaping modern trail cams as 'squatches. Maybe too preoccupied with sating thier hunger for human flesh!

I must say that ancient Algonquian zombies are much creepier than anything Hollywood has produced.....by far!

scary-1.jpg

(sorry, should let this go, but it is almost Halloween.)

Boo! :D

However, I talked to a friend of mine about it and he suggested windigo which is a possibility as well from what we could figure out of the situation.

I just read about Windigo. Pretty freaky. I would rather run into Bigfoot than someone with Windigo! Interesting.

I was recently caching in the Catskills I went to Phoencia NY where the movie "Wendigo" was filmed.