Hoggin trackables

Private Tucker

. toolson was informed of this in 2 emails.(emails that he convenently claims he didn't get but are in my "sent" box) Yet he was upset that I deleted his foul post(under his sockpuppet account), on the cache page and informed his not to post a message like that on my cache page. That if he had a problem to contact me by email. So he started this thread under his sockpuppet account. Claiming something he knew wasn't true.

Since you are probably an email noob, let me explain something to you. Just because something is in your 'sent' box doesn't mean it was received on the other end.

Oh, and I too lol'd when you stated that you had nothing to prove, and then went on to list all your finds, FTFs, awards, and girl scout patches. But you're not arrogant.

MrSockpuppet.jpg

Edited by toolson

. toolson was informed of this in 2 emails.(emails that he convenently claims he didn't get but are in my "sent" box) Yet he was upset that I deleted his foul post(under his sockpuppet account), on the cache page and informed his not to post a message like that on my cache page. That if he had a problem to contact me by email. So he started this thread under his sockpuppet account. Claiming something he knew wasn't true.

Since you are probably an email noob, let me explain something to you. Just because something is in your 'sent' box doesn't mean it was received on the other end.

Oh, and I too lol'd when you stated that you had nothing to prove, and then went on to list all your finds, FTFs, awards, and girl scout patches. But you're not arrogant.

MrSockpuppet.jpg

Whatever child, whatever. Your picture posts just proves my point of you being a troll. Also, never said I wasn't arrogant, at least I never said I wasn't arrogant toward you. Trolls like you deserve no respect.

To the other people of this thread, I am so sorry that he dragged you into something that he could have handled in personal e-mail, but just to get some attention drawn to himself he created a non-situation into a national forum. If he had to do it this way, he could have told the truth in that I was going to redistribute the TB's on my next cache run that had containers big enough for TB's, and that maybe I was taking too long. But no, he had to invent a situation that was nothing but a lie. Did I taunt him, well I have already admitted to that. Was it wrong to do so? I think so. Was it wrong for many here to jump to conclusions without hearing the other side of the story? Yes.

As for this whole incident, I am done with it. I have broken no GC rule. I will continue to run my caches as I see fit, and along with GC rules. Trolls like you toolson will not change a thing. Make all the claims you want. If that and the pictures make you feel more like a man, then more power to you. I really do wish you luck in life. I get the feeling that you are really going to need it.

Oh, and a few pieces of advise. The next time you create a sockpuppet account, don't start controversy the exact same day you do so. Also, you make want to log a few caches under the sockpuppet account. For someone who claims that they finally decided to have their own name to cache under, it is suspicious that you still have logged any. Oh, and quit using the same excuse on why you suposedly wanted your own account. You used the same excuse on your last sockpuppet account.

Exact quote of Toolson's initial log, later deleted from the cache page, and claimed by the cache owner to be "foul-mouthed":

Is it really necessary to place this many trackables in your own cache.....and a cache that won't be hit all that often due to its requirement? I do like the idea of your cache, but the folks that own the bugs and coins might like them to keep moving instead of being hogged all in one place for a long time. Just something to think about.

Remember, cache reviewers can see deleted logs. We can also see that the quoted log was not edited (at least not after it had been posted for 10 minutes).

Exact quote of Toolson's initial log, later deleted from the cache page, and claimed by the cache owner to be "foul-mouthed":

Is it really necessary to place this many trackables in your own cache.....and a cache that won't be hit all that often due to its requirement? I do like the idea of your cache, but the folks that own the bugs and coins might like them to keep moving instead of being hogged all in one place for a long time. Just something to think about.

Remember, cache reviewers can see deleted logs. We can also see that the quoted log was not edited (at least not after it had been posted for 10 minutes).

Thank you Keystone for clearing this up. I had kind of felt that was the case after the CO responded the way he did with all his stats etc. I think I would have created an alias to post on his cache too. I don't think the comment made on the cache page was the least bit foul mouthed and completely warranted. I hope this ends the matter now for all. Geocaching is wayyyy to fun to have problems like this. I just hope the trackables get moving again. I really like the challenge of the cache but knowing that it won't be visited very often don't think its an appropriate cache to place trackables in. But that's just my opinion and everyone has one. LOL

Thanks keystone. I sure didn't remember adding any foul-mouthiness to my post. I guess Mr. Wareagle sees hostility and dirty words in his alphabet soup too.

I have been following this post and now that the truth of the original post has come out wareagle has some explaining to do. This I was going to move them on doesn't fly at this point. Putting travel bugs under someone Else name who didn't ask you to is just wrong and does violate the TOA even if you don't think it does. I believe that your account should be deleted and all your finds vacated. Maybe a little harsh but you brought it on with your lies. Seems to me you are the troll

Is there a Nielsen rating for this thread? The OP seems to be keeping to the high road for the most part, although I have to ask myself what brought him to the fight. But Wareagle59 has managed to successfully deflect any doubt about Toolson's intentions with his extremely agressive and defensive posts. Keystone steps in and separates the fighters long enough for Toolson to catch his breath, but it remains to be seen who will bring whom to the mat. I'm betting on Wareagle59 to lose both the popular and the moderated votes. You were going to move all those travel bugs on... when? Oh, but you stuck them in your rarely found cache, your plans changed, and guess what... they are still stuck. Toolson isn't the bad guy for calling you on your thoughtless (if not vindictive) move. Set it right, Wareagle59.

Not to change the subject, but I know someone who has a house full of old newspapers piled everywhere; against the walls, floors, and in every room as storage. If anyone wants a specific date I can try to get him to sell a few. I also know someone else who has a very extensive collection of mostly rare bellybutton lint in every variety and color. Most are cotton, but some have a nice mix of polyester, rayon and other interesting blends. I'm fairly certain that his mother is forcing him to sell it, and probably for cheap, as she has to suddenly get rid of her 72 cats. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Not to change the subject,

*snip*

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Let's please not muddy up an already messy thread by bringing it off topic please.

And can everyone please remember that respect for others IS part of the forum guidelines? And I am keeping an eye on this thread.

Trackables belong to the owners, they set them free for others to move about. The key word is TRAVEL. They don't want to be stuck, left to mold in a cache that is not accessible. You should generally release them within two weeks of grabbing them from a cache, and if you intend to hold them longer than two weeks, it is a courteay to let the owner know.

It is considered rude to harvest trackables just to stock your own cache.

It is not a very good idea to have too many trackables in one cache, in case the cache goes missing.

It is a courtesy to try to follow the goals of the trackable.

Hoarding is very much frowned upon.

Release the trackables and let them be free to travel.

There is no point to holding on to them, so why do it?

Edited by Eartha

Not to change the subject,

*snip*

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Let's please not muddy up an already messy thread by bringing it off topic please.

I apologize.

I thought that there may be a few items wareagle59 might be interested in, but I didn't know how to approach him about it.

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

Is there a Nielsen rating for this thread? The OP seems to be keeping to the high road for the most part, although I have to ask myself what brought him to the fight. But Wareagle59 has managed to successfully deflect any doubt about Toolson's intentions with his extremely agressive and defensive posts. Keystone steps in and separates the fighters long enough for Toolson to catch his breath, but it remains to be seen who will bring whom to the mat. I'm betting on Wareagle59 to lose both the popular and the moderated votes. You were going to move all those travel bugs on... when? Oh, but you stuck them in your rarely found cache, your plans changed, and guess what... they are still stuck. Toolson isn't the bad guy for calling you on your thoughtless (if not vindictive) move. Set it right, Wareagle59.

Naw. I hold little respect for a sock puppet mucking things up. I don't know which guidelines Eartha is using for calling it rude to stock one's cache with TBs. If Eartha doesn't think lots of TBs should be in a cache, then TB hotels should be banned. Keystone, as usual, set everything straight as to the 'foul-mouthed' log. But I don't see that Wareagle59 is doing anything so wrong that it should provoke an attack from a sock puppet.

If you think it's ok for 24 trackables to sit together, motionless in a difficult cache......then maybe you and Wareagle can be buds. The rest of us like to see travel bugs TRAVEL, hence their name.

And since when did drawing attention to something by simply asking a question = an attack? I never cursed. I never called for anyone to be tarred and feathered. I just asked if folks thought it was rude for someone to hog 20+ trackables in their own cache at the sime time. It just seemed a little counter productive to the travelers' goals. Some agreed. You don't. That's just fine. Everyone can have any opinion they want.

I just know that one of my friend's geocoins was in that particular cache and he was annoyed. Several of us enjoyed watching it move, up until this point. It was fun for the kids too. Then it got stuck. Upon viewing the cache, we saw that every few days more were dumped with none taken out. What we saw worried us. He didnt want to say anything. He's had a bad experience when ticking off locals (folks deleting finds and such). The one I was concerned about has moved on, but I don't doubt that some of the other owners and watchers were annoyed/worried about theirs too.

Edited by toolson

Naw. I hold little respect for a sock puppet mucking things up. I don't know which guidelines Eartha is using for calling it rude to stock one's cache with TBs. If Eartha doesn't think lots of TBs should be in a cache, then TB hotels should be banned. Keystone, as usual, set everything straight as to the 'foul-mouthed' log. But I don't see that Wareagle59 is doing anything so wrong that it should provoke an attack from a sock puppet.

the sock puppet and this particular incident not withstanding, I too have been curious about the "stocking your own caches" statement from Eartha... so much today, that I have been thinking of starting a new thread on the subject.

As to this particular circumstance, while I agree that wareagle is reprehensible for his false statements and accusations, I really haven't seen what the big deal is, unless he was virtually dropping the bugs in the cache and not really putting them in there. I have no qualms about taking bugs from hotels or prisons with logging restrictions. If they delete my log, then they'll be reported to GS and my log will be reinstated. If I think a CO that is hording bugs in a cache that I have already found then I see no reason to not go there and take them out to move them along.

I've thought from the beginning that this was much addoo about nothing. Just go to the cache and get the bugs out if you don't like it...

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it is possible to pick up a TB without logging a find of the cache itself. And the 5 rating is only for the difficult requirements of loging the find on the cache and not getting to the cache itself. Seems to me that anyone could go to the cache, log a note, and retrieve a TB or two.

Edited by Skypacer

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it is possible to pick up a TB without logging a find of the cache itself. And the 5 rating is only for the difficult requirements of loging the find on the cache and not getting to the cache itself. Seems to me that anyone could go to the cache, log a note, and retrieve a TB or two.

Since you have to notify cache owner and wait for verification of entries, do you think this cache is just sitting to be found? I doubt it. Probably at CO home and will be made available only to those who qualify. Ran into this once with a challenge. I qualified, notified, then went to cache site while I was out of state. Since I didn't wait for confirmation and CO was out of town at the time the cache was not available to be found. At the person's home and only put out if someone was going to be seeking. Practically had to make an appointment. That's what this one sounds like but surely don't know for sure.

Wow this thread is like watching a tennis match. With all the comments going back and fourth i wonder what the point is. I believe that this thread is not to start an argument between two members but to find the reason for the hoarding and resolve it. We already know (or think we know) that the owner wishes to disperse the travel bugs and that he had at one point planned to do so. I think that the real people we should be hearing from is the owners of these "Hostages". Though i don't agree with the way Wareagle handled the situation i also don't agree with the way people have tried to fix the situation either. I think a conversation is needed where there is no name calling (troll, sock puppet, etc) and where we can act like civilized men and not like fools. As they say "Fight Fire With Fire"...wait no that isn't right...

Edited by Id.36563

I suppose it's time for a progress report on this issue. While a handful of trackables were released after bringing attention to his horde, wareagle has not released any since. He stated that he placed many trackables in this (rarely visited) cache briefly until moving them very soon. Here's what wareagle59 said on October 15th and 17th when confronted about 20+ trackables in this cache:

"Yes I have dipped them into my challenge to give them more milage, but they will indeed be dropped elsewhere" and then "The TB's were never meant to be left in my cache.......The others will be sent elsewhere soon, as was the original intent."

And here's the trackable listing on his fortress of solitude cache today:

Mississippi's 366 Day Challenge

Some of these have been stuck here since August. It's now February, so my definition of "soon" must not be the same as wareagle's. Six months isn't soon. It's more like half a year.

So was eareagle was just lying to us with his multiple posts about removing them all soon? I guess we'll see when/if these poor trackables ever get moving. At least we got the number down to 12 from 20+ at one point. Here's hoping he releases the rest soon.

I still think that harvesting area trackables and then leaving them in a cache (a cache that will rarely be visited due to a difficult requirement) is not fair to the owners or watchers of the trackables. They have goals that won't be met while sitting in your yard in Mississippi. Trackables are meant to move. If you are attempting to lure more people to your cache, put your own bugs in there for 6 months at a time. Or try putting money in there. Just something to think about.

Again, my hope isn't to stir up trouble. I'd just like to see these bugs and coins move along to greener pastures. As he stated ever so bluntly, he has found LOTS of caches in his illustrious caching career...more than most people here in fact. But apparently he forgot to take these trackables with him. Maybe this reminder will get them moving again. Or maybe finding lots of caches doesn't make you considerate of other people's property.

movie10commandments05tq6.jpg

LET MY PEOPLE GO!!!

Edited by toolson