distance from home

Fah-Troop

Mileage from home has been coming and going for me for at least several months now. It's directly connected to the avatar shown in the upper right corner on the page. When the avatar shows, the mileage shows too, and when it doesn't, then it doesn't. It comes and goes at random intervals.

I just checked and it wasn't showing up for me either. I logged out, then logged back in and it came back. I know that it was working just a few days ago too. I was checking for caches in Malaysia since I was recently invited to be on the technical planning committee for a conference in Kuching, Malaysia next year and discovered that a cache there is 9367 miles from home, which if I found, would break my previous distance from home record by 1200 miles. More interesting was that "distance from home" indicates that it's North of my home location.

More interesting was that "distance from home" indicates that it's North of my home location.

Ah...the Great Circle makes it's appearance.

Yep. I took a look at how far south I'd have to go (from Malaysia) before the distance from home didn't start with N. At the northern part of Australia it still indicate traveling NW and I had to almost to the southernmost point on Australia before it had me traveling West.