Paperless caching

camnpete

Hi, I've just purchased a Garmin 62S and would like to learn how to download cache information from my iMac to that GPSr so that I can truly do paperless caching. I'm sure this issue has been addressed in the past, but I can't find it and I'm hoping that someone can steer me in the right direction. THANKS. Camnpete

Hi, I've just purchased a Garmin 62S and would like to learn how to download cache information from my iMac to that GPSr so that I can truly do paperless caching. I'm sure this issue has been addressed in the past, but I can't find it and I'm hoping that someone can steer me in the right direction. THANKS. Camnpete

simply genereate & Download a Pocket Querie, unzip the GPX files and place them on the 62s in the directory /garmin/GPX

simply genereate & Download a Pocket Querie, unzip the GPX files and place them on the 62s in the directory /garmin/GPX

This would be the easiest way. You can get more elaborate and open these pocket queries into GSAK, which you can use to do seemingly unlimited things, then transfer the pocket query to your gps.

when i doubt remember to look through the Knowledge Books

lots of helpful information in there, and for more specific questions the forums could help

Creating Your First Pocket Query

Edited by t4e

Hi,

You replied to my question earlier this month and I'm just getting around to trying to download a pocket query to my 62s. I've successfully run the PQ and installed WinZip. But where do I go from there? How do I communicate to WinZip the name of the PQ that I want to unzip?

Once that's done, how do I move the the PQ data from my computer to my 62s? I have the usb cable but can't figure out how to do the 'instructions'.

Thanks for your help.

Pete of camnpete

This would be the easiest way. You can get more elaborate and open these pocket queries into GSAK, which you can use to do seemingly unlimited things, then transfer the pocket query to your gps.

Hi,

You replied to my question earlier this month and I'm just getting around to trying to download a pocket query to my 62s. I've successfully run the PQ and installed WinZip. But where do I go from there? How do I communicate to WinZip the name of the PQ that I want to unzip?

Once that's done, how do I move the the PQ data from my computer to my 62s? I have the usb cable but can't figure out how to do the 'instructions'.

Simplest approach to both ...

Double click the PQ file. If you've successfully installed WinZip, the *.zip extension on the PQ files will cause the application to run.

Drag and drop the contents of your PQ (like two *.gpx files) to your desktop.

Make sure your 62 is plugged in. Give Windows a sec to discover it.

Open My Computer. Your 62 will be there as "Garmin", looking ever so much like a hard drive.

Navigate to the Garmin/GPX folder inside your 62.

Drag and drop those two *.gpx files there.

Done.