How do I get a bug out of my cache inventory?

annejilli

The cache was muggled and completely emptied. Too bad there was a really nice travel bug in there! I have since changed the location to somewhere I can keep a very close eye on it, and haven't had a problem since.

Do I need to notify the owners of the bug that went missing? How do I get it out of the cache inventory?

Thank you

I am also having this problem. My cache was not muggled but there are 10 TB/GC that I know are not in there from recent logs but are in my inventory. This cache is placed at pier 39 in SF and most of the ones who find it are from other country's. My thought is that they have picked them up and don't log them until they get back from vacation? Is that how it is done with a handheld GPS? I log mine mostly from my phone as I find them. I hope this is the case because everyone seem to be finding it and sharing stuff great but worry about the 10 coins/bugs. Even our FTF geocoin has not been logged as found. It has only been out about 2 weeks. Just wondering what everyone thinks. I really like this cache because of the activity it gets and many TB but I don't want to see the list build up and feel responsible for them being lost after such long travels. I'm hoping to hear I am just paranoid and people pick them up on vacation and log them later.

Here is the link to the cache WarNinjas TB Motel

Thanks

-WarNinjas

I am also having this problem. My cache was not muggled but there are 10 TB/GC that I know are not in there from recent logs but are in my inventory. This cache is placed at pier 39 in SF and most of the ones who find it are from other country's. My thought is that they have picked them up and don't log them until they get back from vacation? Is that how it is done with a handheld GPS? I log mine mostly from my phone as I find them. I hope this is the case because everyone seem to be finding it and sharing stuff great but worry about the 10 coins/bugs. Even our FTF geocoin has not been logged as found. It has only been out about 2 weeks. Just wondering what everyone thinks. I really like this cache because of the activity it gets and many TB but I don't want to see the list build up and feel responsible for them being lost after such long travels. I'm hoping to hear I am just paranoid and people pick them up on vacation and log them later.

Here is the link to the cache WarNinjas TB Motel

Thanks

-WarNinjas

Not everyone has a mobile phone which can do 'clever logging on the spot stuff' (e.g. me :D ) so it's quite possible that cachers on vacation might be collecting the trackables and will log them out of your cache in a week/two week's time. If the cache is quite close to you, it would be a help to the trackables' owners if you could go to the cache, see which ones are still in there, and then for the ones that aren't in there put a note on each homepage saying, "Not seen in my cache today."

We have a couple of caches which aren't listed as TB hotels but they get a lot of trackable traffic - I don't mark a trackable as "Missing" until I know it hasn't been in there for a month. I think that's long enough to wait for someone to catch up on their logging.

MrsB

Thanks for the info! I will give it some time. I have not checked it for myself but there is a few finds on it everyday and many say all the bugs have checked out. Some add and take away as well but I can tell those ones on the list are MIA. I guess after a month I will go do a check and then report if they have not been logged. I do know that many have been from other country's so it could take some time. Really when placing this with all the muggles around I thought my first trip back would be to put in a replacement but it seems to be doing well. I even bought and set up a replacement for when I hear it is missing. I kill bugs for a living but don't want to be killing these ones.

-WarNinjas