Caching Utopia

Lately, from time to time, I find myself day dreaming about owning land that I could set-up as a sort of Geocaching paradise (by my standards). Sometimes I think of perfect climbing trees by a stream with beautifully maintained paths and rest areas. Other times it involves elaborate mechanical multis. Imagine finding a difficult multi on a hot day and having a stocked fridge at the final. Anyways, I'm curious if anyone has come across any caches that the CO has placed on their own land and thus has allowed them to kick the experience up a notch. :)

Lately, from time to time, I find myself day dreaming about owning land that I could set-up as a sort of Geocaching paradise (by my standards). Sometimes I think of perfect climbing trees by a stream with beautifully maintained paths and rest areas. Other times it involves elaborate mechanical multis. Imagine finding a difficult multi on a hot day and having a stocked fridge at the final. Anyways, I'm curious if anyone has come across any caches that the CO has placed on their own land and thus has allowed them to kick the experience up a notch. :)

:) Made me smile.

I know exactly what you mean. I live on my in-laws 200 acres just outside of Kansas City. That land is about 1/3 crop/pasture/residential with 2/3 being woodland with a plenty of hills, trails (some bigger than others) and a number of small ravines. Even a couple of old remnants of buildings that have long since been torn down. Really odd to see a 12' diameter/6' deep round concrete hole out in the middle of the woods nowhere near any roadway. Could do some really evil cache making with that one.

Thought about trying to have some kind of bushwackers competition event but haven't come up with any great ideas.

Biggest problem is my family and I like to deer/turkey hunt back there. Plus its pretty good mushroom hunting ground. No one's gonna steal my mushrooms!

Scenario 1) One one of my geocaching escapades I had added a handful of caches to my GPS from the map online before heading out. I was wandering around an urban area at night (night-caching as you have to do a LOT in Arizona, when my coordinates led me right to a house on a corner. The yard was filled with hundreds of those hand-made metal sculptures from fist sized to giant.. all unique in their own ways. To top them off it was around Christmas so they were decorated further with lights. At first I though the coordinates were off but after reading into the logs I figured out it was somewhere in the yard-o-tetanus.

My geocaching partner and I looked for a good 45 mins before I accidentally moved one of the parts on a statue and the cache fell out. we were pretty excited that the owner of the cache allowed us to view his/her crazy artwork. it was a blast!

Scenario 2) Another adventure led me to a house that had a long walkway that came INTO the yard. At first I was hesitant but both my GPS and my partner's said it was in the yard. We followed the sidewalk into their yard and were literally 5' from their front door when we saw a little wiener dog statue with a tiny metal lunchbox hanging from its mouth. We looked at eachother sort of puzzled. I grabbed the tin and sure enough it was the cache.

I like it when the CO's bring you to their place and put on a little show.

I have a relative in New Hampshire who owns a .6 acre island on a big lake, totally undeveloped. Unfortunately said relative won't consider letting people "trespass" on his island, even cachers :unsure: but hoping to change his mind as that would be a great place for an awesome adventure.

I've seen many undeveloped islands on many New Hampshire lakes, and almost every time I am near one (in a boat, or a car, or on foot) I think ... "Now that would be a great place for a geocache!"

I hope you change his mind someday. Let me know if you do. :)

Of course, a good example of one of these is Necropolis of Britannia Manor III. Great use of private property. :P

This immediately came to mind!

Doesn't look like there is a taphouse at the final, though.

Speaking of caches on private property, I'm pretty sure I found a very large cache on somebody's front porch once.

In fact, I think it might have been your porch. :D

The air of your ways, 64 to 1 odds and The Outlet Mall are two great caches on the CO's private property, up here in Washington State.

The air of your ways, 64 to 1 odds:

abd565b5-08e9-4759-937a-f573ccb67348.jpg

This is me and my son getting our 1000th find at The air of you ways, 64 to 1 odds. The picture does not due it justice. There are 6 toggle switches and two buttons. You need to figure the proper switch placement then hit the buttons. If you get it right the combo for the lock on the ammo can appears. If not, you get a (surprise). And yes it was raining, but we had a blast.

The Outlet Mall:

f9511b46-965f-479d-afc7-051832b0af6b.jpg

This is a picture of the the Outlet Mall. Each little white panel is a standard two outlet plug. You need to plug in all the power cords into the proper outlets, and green LEDS will light up with the combo to the lock on the ammo can. We did this one for our 1500th milestone. Top and bottom outlets are different. So you have 96 outlet to choose from and 10 power cords. Lots of fun.

Terrible Ts