Things You Have Learned While Reading the Forum posts

I suspect that she will use that term much more sparingly now. :laughing:

Um, I'm not sure I want to look up any alternate meanings. It was intended as a random thing, with no meaning beyond what I gave it... that someone's logic is totally random and doesn't make sense, so have a purple crayon out of nowhere.

Maybe I better switch the color of the crayon.

Probably a good idea if you did. I wouldn't use blue either. Or black for that matter.

Sigh. I really didn't intend anything beyond the shade of color of a child's art tool that is made of wax.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but in this thread I feel like I can confide! Tonight while reading the forums I learned that lamp post hides are extremely common and even looked down on by some people for that reason. Why am I embarrassed? Because I knew nothing about them, and when I found my first one this week I thought it was the coolest thing ever and even sent a message to the CO with my thanks! :lol:

No embarrassment required! My first DNF/second find was a LPC, and I was all "oh, wow, these things lift up!" - well, after studying a blank patch of lawn for 20 minutes. :)

Unrelated thing thta I've learned from the forums... sometimes, you just have to add a purple crayon.

My first LPC was my first cache, and thus was a very hard find. Especially since there were thorny bushes on either side and I wasn't totally sure how close the coordinates were to the actual hiding spot. I actually found it by accident when I jerked back (thorns) and bumped the skirt. (Meanwhile, everyone else that was with me had long since given up and were just about to leave.) It was also my first out-of-state cache. I learned how common they were when actually doing caches back home.

On the forums I've learned of Munzee, that some people actually put caches in garbage bags, and a few other things. o.O

(That doesn't mean I actually understand why they would put a cache in, of all things, a garbage bag.)

Oh, and I've learned that some people also found their first LPC much more interesting then their 10th or so. ;)

Edited by EdrickV
(That doesn't mean I actually understand why they would put a cache in, of all things, a garbage bag.)

At the risk of going OT, that made me smile. I had forgotten how common wrapping your cache in a garbage bag used to be. My first cache hide was a coffee can wrapped in a black plastic garbage bag. I went back a year later and replaced it with an ammocan after learning just how unpleasant unwrapping wet garbage bags became after awhile.

I haven't come across it very much lately. Good times!

At the risk of going OT, that made me smile. I had forgotten how common wrapping your cache in a garbage bag used to be. My first cache hide was a coffee can wrapped in a black plastic garbage bag. I went back a year later and replaced it with an ammocan after learning just how unpleasant unwrapping wet garbage bags became after awhile.

I haven't come across it very much lately. Good times!

I have gone to so many places covered in trash from bums that I would never find that kind of cache. I wouldn't think to look in a plastic bag. I am glad they are becoming a thing of the past. I did find a cache in a tree whose container was a baggy (with holes and worms included.) :blink:

Edited by AmphibianTrackers

I just learned what a purple crayon is.

Ha! Me, too.

I've learned...

...that I enjoy reading forums.

...about signature swag (still trying to come up with my own).

...that there are many opinions out there and that you have to decide what you want to get out of geocaching.

...how to use the 'backdoor' method of posting a Premium Cache find without being a Premium Member (helpful for logging finds for my son the few times he's with me.)

...and...many of the things others have mentioned already.