Your finds on a map?

I'm new to this and really like it! I work all over California and think it would be really cool to be able to see a map with something like smileys for all the finds I have made on one map. I can zoom into my area and see them but not the big picture. Even in my area I have a hard time getting them to load and also see all the other caches in the area. I was hoping there is a way (kind of like a trackable bug where you can see the line of where it has gone all over the US and maybe further) to see all the ones you have found and places you have visited. This might be a feature for premium members and I am fine with that and will sign up if this is a option. This might be a stupid question and impossible or something that is easily done and I just don't see it so I thought I would ask. Thanks for any tips on how this could be viewed if possible.

-WarNinjas

I'm new to this and really like it! I work all over California and think it would be really cool to be able to see a map with something like smileys for all the finds I have made on one map.

There are several ways to do this. One is to use a standalone mapping program; I have done it with Street Atlas, Topo, and MapPoint.

Easier perhaps is to do it with Google Maps. You can create a KML file of your finds at GPS Visualizer, host it somewhere, and open it with Google Maps.

What Fizzy said, but also, Google Earth will open a .GPX file directly without the need to covert it to a .kmz through GPS Visualizer.

I tweak the icons since I don't like the default ones, but I update my footprint at least several times a month. I've fiddled with most mapping programs, my I still keep going back to Google Earth for this.

This is why i have an activated Geocoin that goes with me caching. I log it as visiting each cache. I didn't get eh coin till i had nearly 100 caches under my belt so i had ot go through and look up the dates i visited each cache then log a not for the coin to visit the cache. Now i can view a nice map of where i have been.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/map_gm.aspx?ID=2917976