Pocket Query help needed

tibbermore

Until now I've been downloading caches one at a time from geocaching.com to GSAK, then to my Garmin Oregon 450 as required for the next caching expedition. This has worked OK for me however I thought I would try out a Pocket Query so that I have details of all other caches in the area I mean to visit. I've successfully downloaded to GSAK my first PQ of 1000 caches in the area centred on my home. I'm now at a loss as to what to do next and would appreciate any advice on how to proceed. I presume there is a way to load all of the caches into my GPSr at once but I can't see how to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't use GSAK much myself although it is a very useful program!

If you want to start off "easy", just plug your Oregon to you computer using USB, then simply copy the .gpx pocket query file (unzipped if it is zipped) and copy it to the /Garmin/GPX folder inside the Oregon. Voila, you're done!

Unplug the Oregon start it up & check in the Geocaching tab!

[edit: wow 3 replies in the same minute :D ]

Edited by NordicMan

Typing this from memory, since I don't have GSAK in front of me, but if you go to the top menu bar and click on GPS, then Select Unit, you then choose your GPSr from the drop down list Click OK. You only need to do that once

After that, you only need to click GPS/ Send to GPS to send your filtered waypoints to the GPSr.

This is a nice way to do it. You can download all the geocaches in an area, then if you are in the mood for park-n-grabs, you can filter micros at 1/1, then send to GPS. No need to do another PQ.