Devorced geocacher

Me and my wife use to go geocaching almost all the time as a couple. Long before and after the devorce I/we stopped going out.

Anyway I started a new account,years later, (one find woot),. My question is can I take over the old geocaching account knowing that shes no longer apart of it, and WHAT do I do with these BUGS that I found in a box, but never really found out in the wild?

I'd really hate to defriend a geocacher that i never met....

And I would hate to get spit on twice!!

Me and my wife use to go geocaching almost all the time as a couple. Long before and after the devorce I/we stopped going out.

Anyway I started a new account,years later, (one find woot),. My question is can I take over the old geocaching account knowing that shes no longer apart of it, and WHAT do I do with these BUGS that I found in a box, but never really found out in the wild?

Yeah, if your girlfriend doesn't want it you can keep it. Probably best for you to ask her though. If she doesn't allow you to use the account that you both were sharing, then I would suggest using this new account. One thing though, make sure to download a "my finds" PQ from your old account you two shared, and then use a macro to log a find on every geocache in that PQ (Ones you have found). This way, you can keep all your finds. The macro logs "Found it's" on events though... So try to log them manually.

Are we talking bugs you owned under the other account or ones you've found while out caching?

If it's owned you'll need access to adopt them over to a new account. If it's ones you've found you need the tracking number to 'Discover' them. You won't do a Grab or Retrieve as it'll get them off track.

Yeah, if your girlfriend doesn't want it you can keep it. Probably best for you to ask her though. If she doesn't allow you to use the account that you both were sharing, then I would suggest using this new account. One thing though, make sure to download a "my finds" PQ from your old account you two shared, and then use a macro to log a find on every geocache in that PQ (Ones you have found). This way, you can keep all your finds. The macro logs "Found it's" on events though... So try to log them manually.

I think there isn a BIG difference between WIFE and GIRLFRIEND.

If the ex-wife/girlfriend/we-can-still-be-friends-right? person doesn't want the account, you can keep it. Just change the password and associated email address, and change the name if you want. If she wants it, you can use the new account that you made. You'll have to relog all of your finds under the new account that you made. Be sure to change the date on the logs to match the date you originally found the cache. Apparently there is a GSAK macro that can relog the caches for you automatically with a My Finds PQ from the old (group) account, but I've never used it.

As for the Travel Bugs, what do you mean you found them in a box but not in the wild? By box do you mean cache container, or do you mean a storage box you found while organizing your belongings? You can place them in the next cache you find.