Large Containers for sale?

jeffd5

I'm on the look out for Geocacheing containers that are bigger than the usually large ammo boxes.

I seen several that have like official geocaching logos stuck on them the size of suit cases and such but can't find any like them in the stores. I remind you all I'm from Ontario Canada, since that might make a difference.

I was originally looking for something the size of an average size suitcase thats weather resistant and possibly even have a spot to lock it with a Key lock or combination lock..

I'm on the look out for Geocacheing containers that are bigger than the usually large ammo boxes.

I seen several that have like official geocaching logos stuck on them the size of suit cases and such but can't find any like them in the stores. I remind you all I'm from Ontario Canada, since that might make a difference.

I was originally looking for something the size of an average size suitcase thats weather resistant and possibly even have a spot to lock it with a Key lock or combination lock..

There are pretty huge Pelican boxes, water-tight -- and very, very expensive. I have a set of genuine "Lock & Lock" boxes, and one's just about the size of an ammo box. They may even come bigger, but can't be padlocked without lots of modification. You may place a few of them into a large non-watertight case and lock it.

A giant container usually has water issues around here (Southeast U.S.). Just opening the thing causes humid air to enter, and condensation to accumulate. This keeps the contents wet inside, even if sheilded from rain. It requires special maintenance from the CO, cleaning and drying everything periodically, or it will develop fungus. You may not have such problems in your area.

Edited by kunarion

Some products that come in 5 gallon plastic buckets have screw on lids. They are not common, but I have two of them stored away for future use.

screw on lid

I added that exact style lid to a bucket cache (with the CO's blessing), and that lid opened a whole other bucket of worms. But it's sure easier to remove/install than its original pry-it-off lid.