uplaoding field notes from Garmin 62s

Team Rumble

I am having problems getting my field notes to upload from my garmin 62s. The first time I did it, it worked fine. Last weekend, we did some caching and have over 150 finds in the GPS. If I open the file through explorer and go to garmin folder and then geocache_visits, they are all there. When I connect to the geocache site and go to upload field notes, browse and double click the geocache_visits folder, then click on upload field note. When it gets done, it tells me it found 0 records were successfully uploaded.

This is frustrating as it did work one time. I cannot figure out how to get it to work. Any suggestions??

Mark of Team Rumble

I am having problems getting my field notes to upload from my garmin 62s. The first time I did it, it worked fine. Last weekend, we did some caching and have over 150 finds in the GPS. If I open the file through explorer and go to garmin folder and then geocache_visits, they are all there. When I connect to the geocache site and go to upload field notes, browse and double click the geocache_visits folder, then click on upload field note. When it gets done, it tells me it found 0 records were successfully uploaded.

This is frustrating as it did work one time. I cannot figure out how to get it to work. Any suggestions??

Mark of Team Rumble

On your field notes page there is a date box.....in will not upload any that were found before that date even if they are on your unit..........just change the date in the box.

Don't forget to delete the geo-visits file from time to time after they have been uploaded and logged ( the caches keep being saved).....it will re-create itself next outing.

As a double check why no open it (it's a text file) and see what the contents are? Then you would know if there are actaully none on the device or a problem with the website.

Also have you tried unticking the 'ignore logs before x' box?

Hmmm... I just did the same thing yesterday, and it worked fine.

It sounds like you have the correct method. Perhaps the geocaching.com website has issues....

I did notice that if I upload 800 caches that were all found in one day, the site only gets about 3/4's of them. If any are found in the very same minute...the site grabs just one of them. It's kinda random. If I re-upload them, I'll get different ones.

Well...I'm betting it's the site. Try again later.

Mark of Team Rumble

On your field notes page there is a date box.....in will not upload any that were found before that date even if they are on your unit..........just change the date in the box.

Don't forget to delete the geo-visits file from time to time after they have been uploaded and logged ( the caches keep being saved).....it will re-create itself next outing.

Mark of Team Rumble

The date box tells me it will not load finds from before April of some date of this year. The finds I have are all from June 2011. I tried changing the date to closer to my find date and that does not change anything.

As a double check why no open it (it's a text file) and see what the contents are? Then you would know if there are actaully none on the device or a problem with the website.

Also have you tried unticking the 'ignore logs before x' box?

I have opened the file in notepad, all of the finds are in there. Almost 160 finds listed, but when I select it through the geocache site, and upload the file, it tells me 0 files were found. ????

I have opened the file in notepad, all of the finds are in there. Almost 160 finds listed, but when I select it through the geocache site, and upload the file, it tells me 0 files were found. ????

Is the first field of each line the GC code, or the cache name? Do you load your caches onto your unit through GSAK or EasyGPS?

Edited by dfx

Is the first field of each line the GC code, or the cache name? Do you load your caches onto your unit through GSAK or EasyGPS?

I use easy gps and it loads the cache name

I use easy gps and it loads the cache name

There's your problem. Don't use EasyGPS.

Exactly!

I first upload mine to the website, then upload them to GSAK...doing it any other way could cause issues.

EasyGPS is probably modifying/changing a tag which the website then can't work out what to do with it. That's why there are several fieldnote uploaders for different GPS devices.