Second find?

When a cache has been moved to a new hiding place due to construction or other reasons, Can this be counted as a new find?

It has been found once (by me) but has been moved over 200 feet to a new and better location and this would require it to be hunted and found again.

How would the second find affect the smiley count?

up to you and the owner. Personally most folks who will bother to post are like me, one GC # equals one post. Some cachers out there log a second find on a cache in such circumstances. Thats why you see folks having 3000 finds on 2985 caches. Course many of those # differences are folks logging it by mistake and not realizing or caring to fix it. I saw someone log a cache 9 times 4 weeks ago on the same day and all 9 finds are still there. Anyway, I was saying?

If CO is happy with it, and you want to do it, go for it. I would not, but that's me. Its not against the rules, but I would say its against common practice.

If you log two finds on a cache, your find count will go up by two.

Now the real question, if the cache is significantly different, then it should have been archived and a new listing started. If it is primarily the same, just a different nearby tree or whatever the difference is, then updating the coordinates was the correct action.

Do you view it as significantly different? What does the cache owner say?

If you log two finds on a cache, your find count will go up by two.

Now the real question, if the cache is significantly different, then it should have been archived and a new listing started. If it is primarily the same, just a different nearby tree or whatever the difference is, then updating the coordinates was the correct action.

Do you view it as significantly different? What does the cache owner say?

There is no significant difference in the cache but circumstances required the location be moved, this is allowed up to 528 feet.

GC1RQRW, it seems to have most of the aspects of a new hunt but I'm more interested in keeping my smiley count accurate, so a second smiley would most likely be redundant.

I play by the the one GC #, one smiley rule. For me this would not be a new found it log.

+1. It's a simple self-imposed guideline that is easy to follow. The alternative just feels like I'd be trying to "work the system" just so I could increment my total find count by one. My total number of finds just isn't that important to me.