Planned a GeoMeet...hasn't been approved yet?!

Deleting my post. Never expected some folks to cause such a fuss. I merely wanted to know what to expect for a time frame in getting a cache approved and expressed my surprise that in Florida things such as this moved much faster.

I did not mean for it to sound like a bash. I was just wondering if some people should not take the role of reviewer if they might not have that much time on their hands.

But now that I have the answer, that it is a 72 hour turn around (which was all the information I was looking for in the first place), I know what to expect!

Thanks!

Edited by CubsDen

It's only 6/3...

It took a little less than a week for my event to get published here. It's only been a couple days so far. Your reviewer does have a life and hobbies and other caches to approve as well as your event.

Did you check the box that said your event was ready to be reviewed?

It's only 6/3...

It took a little less than a week for my event to get published here. It's only been a couple days so far. Your reviewer does have a life and hobbies and other caches to approve as well as your event.

I just didn't know what to expect, as far as the time it takes to be reviewed.

I realize they have lives, but thanks for the heads up. <_<

When we lived in Florida, caches were reviewed most likely the same day, caches were disabled promptly, followed up on quickly. And all this plus 8 times the number of caches for our area.

Perhaps some folks just weren't cut out to be 'Reviewers' if they don't have that much time on their hands. There are plenty of other cachers that would be more than willing to take on the role of 'Reviewer' more efficiently if given the chance.

Edited by CubsDen

When we lived in Florida, caches were reviewed most likely the same day, caches were disabled promptly, followed up on quickly. And all this plus 8 times the number of caches for our area.

Perhaps some folks just weren't cut out to be 'Reviewers' if they don't have that much time on their hands. There are plenty of other cachers that would be more than willing to take on the role of 'Reviewer' more efficiently if given the chance.

That's a good way to get the volunteer reviewer on your side. Call her/him inefficient.

It's only 6/3...

The service goal is for a first review of a cache listing to happen within 72 hours of its submission, is it not?

That does not mean that publication within 72 hours.

It would seem to me that emailing your reviewer would be more productive than posting a thread on the forums bashing him.

This post has been edited by CubsDen: Today, 08:51 AM

Probably not edited as much as it should have been.

I won't add to what others have posted, but I will make a suggestion. I see this is your first event -- hope it goes well. Just a tip, for your next event, I'd recommend you not wait until so close to the event to publish the listing. I try to publish mine at least a month out to give folks a chance to plan, and normally you can publish an event listing 3 months out (more if it's a big event). Without special circumstances, event caches won't be published any later than 14 days out. You submitted your listing 17 days out, that's over the 2-week minimum but I'd say that's still cutting it a little close.

edit: spelling

Edited by hzoi
When we lived in Florida, caches were reviewed most likely the same day
This is a pretty broad-reaching statement since you only had one cache published while in Florida.

As one of the other reviewers in the territory, I will comment that in addition to having a life besides geocaching, your local reviewers have been involved with the GeoWoodstock Committee and have been publishing a lot of caches in the run-up to GWS IX. There's a lot of time being invested so everyone can have a great time at GWS and the nearby area.

When we lived in Florida, caches were reviewed most likely the same day
This is a pretty broad-reaching statement since you only had one cache published while in Florida.

As one of the other reviewers in the territory, I will comment that in addition to having a life besides geocaching, your local reviewers have been involved with the GeoWoodstock Committee and have been publishing a lot of caches in the run-up to GWS IX. There's a lot of time being invested so everyone can have a great time at GWS and the nearby area.

Not so much the one that we placed or the few that we found, but in dealing with them in any manner. We've attended enough geo events down there to be able to discuss such matters with other cachers. So based not only on our personal experience, but from listening to the experiences of others as well.

Thanks for your reply however.

Yes, GeoWoodstock. Should be a smashing hit! I saw the NCGT 100 placed, how awesome!

I did not mean for it to sound like a bash. I was just wondering if some people should not take the role of reviewer if they might not have that much time on their hands.

The event has been published. Tip: your cache will be published faster if you don't use your page to promote local businesses. Thank you to the OP for editing the listing so it could be published.

I would have expected an apology since the delay appears to be the OP's fault.

YOU would have expected an apology when this has nothing to do with you? :blink:

I have said nor done anything wrong. I was making an observation and comparison to the reviewers in Florida.

I think the type of people that are continuing this post are the type that truly enjoy and get a kick out of controversy.

Have fun!

YOU would have expected an apology when this has nothing to do with you? :blink:

I have said nor done anything wrong. I was making an observation and comparison to the reviewers in Florida.

I think the type of people that are continuing this post are the type that truly enjoy and get a kick out of controversy.

Have fun!

Yes you did. You dis'd reviewers for not being fast enough inferring that if they didn't have time to review caches in a timely manner that they should step down and let someone who could do the job step in.

When in reality, the delay was due to your promoting a local business.

I think you owe your reviewer an apology.

If you are sincere about this:

then perhaps saying it twice within an hour is not the best approach? You did get the auto generated email letting you know that your submitted cache was received, and it should get reviewed by a volunteer within 72 hours didn't you?

You completely changed your original post, after receiving numerous replies, including Mr Ollivander's, if I remember the time-line correctly. The time-stamps of posts and edits tells the story.

In the original post, you did not "ask" what the expected service turnaround time was for reviewing of caches or events or any such thing. Your original, unedited version sounded more like a rant and a hissy fit in the making.

IBTL