GSAK flagged as dangerous by Trend Micro

As much as I dislike most other parts of the McAfee "package", their SiteAdvisor system seems to avoid the false positives and provides far more useful information about a site than most others. It also has no problems with GSAK at present -> http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/www.gsak.net

No idea what Trend's malfunction with the GSAK site is -- since they don't tell you what their specific complaint is anyway.

Heck, even my stupid and mostly blank www.dfx.at site is flagged by Trend Micro :lol:

Well it is nice to go to a site that loads in a blink and is not overloaded with graphics, video and moving doodads. :lol: It's probably the follow dfx on twitter that trips the wire. :ph34r:

Those would be 'false positives', and the OP isn't complaining about virus scanning software. Instead, it's one of several 'site evaluation' systems that claims to inspect web sites for possible mischief. Trend's is pretty useless in this regard. None are perfect, but some certainly do a better job than others.

No idea what Trend's malfunction with the GSAK site is -- since they don't tell you what their specific complaint is anyway.

Ditto :mad:

I (as the site owner) have also left feedback with them asking them to tell me specifically what files or pages are the problem.

The main issue for GSAK users on this one is that it can prevent the showing of Google maps in the split screen.

If you can't access google maps because of this then go into your settings and add http://gsak.net as a trusted web site.

If you are using GSAK in a corporate environment (surely no one would play with GSAK on work time B)) and are not authorized to override your security software then you can can configure GSAK to use a different server for Google maps. Go to "Tools=>Options=>HTML" and select http://gsak.info

0406201174934.png

.... OK, looks like they have got it right now.

Did they ever get around to telling you what their brain damage with the site was to begin with? I find it's very rare that they'll fess up to their own errors.

No, I still have no idea what their problem was, and I didn't change anything on the site. Quite a few users also asked for the site to be reclassified so perhaps that was the catalyst that finally got them to change it.

Edited by ClydeE