Public vs. Private Travel Bug Numbers + Errors

Berks Dutchie

I found a bug in GC17Y4V, but the bug had no logs showing how it arrived there. I must have mistakenly logged the bug as "Discovered". I tried unsuccessfully to enter another log and/or correct my original log. I couldn't do the former because I don't have the "private" bug number (and neither does the owner), and the latter won't work because I can't change the log's "Action". So now what? I dropped off the bug near the Grand Canyon but can't show it as "dropped" because I'm not seen as having retrieved it.....stupid error on my part!

Help please! Michael

Edited by Berks Dutchie

I found a bug in GC17Y4V, but the bug had no logs showing how it arrived there. I must have mistakenly logged the bug as "Discovered". I tried unsuccessfully to enter another log and/or correct my original log. I couldn't do the former because I don't have the "private" bug number (and neither does the owner), and the latter won't work because I can't change the log's "Action". So now what? I dropped off the bug near the Grand Canyon but can't show it as "dropped" because I'm not seen as having retrieved it.....stupid error on my part!

Help please! Michael

Can't you just do a NEW log a "retrieve" it?

Or a new log and grab from different location?

Help please! Michael

Sounds as though you are in contact with the owner (from the highlighted statement). The thing that bothers me, is that the owner always has the tracking number. It appears on the TB (or geocoin) page for the owner -- it is always available to them. Perhaps you should try that owner contact again.

I did notice the TB owner has only this one trackable. Perhaps they aren't aware that they always have access to the number!?!