New Cache Review

micropenguin

Hello fellow geocachers

I hope you are all well on this lovely sunny day. Just a little query (and probably one of impatience, lol) but I was just wondering if I might have made a boo boo with putting up a new cache for review. I posted it on the 18th for review and its still not active but I am pretty sure I have clicked everything that needs to be clicked and activated everything that needs to be activated. Perhaps it is lost in the land of technical wizardry?

I'm just really a complete noob to this, so just wanna make sure :) :)

If im just being inpatient, then just tell me to chill and wait lol.

MP :)

The amount of time it takes depends on several factors. The number of caches submitted, the availability of the reviewer and the complexity of your cache and/or the amount of information you include.

If it's been a busy weekend for cache hiding it could take your reviewer some time to get through the queue. Also, your reviewer is a volunteer and sometimes life gets in the way of his reviewing responsibilities. Maybe he's had to work late at his real job all week, maybe he's busy with family responsibilities, maybe he is ill.

You can also speed things up by reading and being sure you understand the guidelines and anticipating and answering any questions the reviewer might have ahead of time.

Sort of like "No news is good news".....

That said, you may very well have not thought of something. You need to check the LOGS of your unpublished cache page to see if there is an issue to be taken care of. That is the reviewers' method of contacting you, not via email to your mailbox as many believe.

If it has been this long, is yet unpublished, you should check.

Could be too, that nothing is wrong. Just the volunteer reviewer is busy!

Did you check the box to activate the cache for review? (Can't remember what it says exactly!)

Yes. A lot of times people (my self included) forget to check all the box's :anitongue: They look like this

The cache is still owned by one account, but you can list whoever placed the cache.

[x] Enable cache listing. It is ready for review. (If the listing is not yet ready to be reviewed, uncheck this box.) Note: Only 'Enabled' cache listings are visible to the reviewer.