Friend Request

I seem to remember that there was a link on the right-side of the profile page that allowed you to 'friend' another player. I can't find that now. I have gone to the other players profile and I do not find a link there either. Is this being handled differently now?

The text box to add another player is right there on top of the "Your Friends" page.

I seem to remember that there was a link on the right-side of the profile page that allowed you to 'friend' another player. I can't find that now. I have gone to the other players profile and I do not find a link there either. Is this being handled differently now?

The text box to add another player is right there on top of the "Your Friends" page.

Dang, I was kind of hoping it had gone away.....:blink:

You can change your profile to say you don't accept friends requests and it won't appear when people look at yours. That is probably why you don't see it on some peoples.

That took care of it for me. Haven't have a friends request since (of course I am not ruling out other reasons).

It doesn't really do anything to 'befriend' anyone.

It was a feature that had a lot of promise, but the developers just let it drop... so sad. :(

yep...this is not facebook....

Thank Bob for that! Never been to facebook. Don't have plans to go there. No my space and don't twitter. Bah! Stupid social networking sites.

I don't know about others but when I want to be someones friend I walk up to them and say "Hi. My name is Duane. What's yours?" Or some such self introduction.

+1. Except the next time I see my new friend, I don't realize they are addressing me because they keep calling me Duane. And that's not my name.

It was a feature that had a lot of promise, but the developers just let it drop... so sad. :(

I would like to be able to to have a list of my geocaching friends in one spot where I could easily access and contact one if need be....

I would like to be able to to have a list of my geocaching friends in one spot where I could easily access and contact one if need be....

This is its only real purpose (at least, as near as I can tell), and frankly, I like it that way. Don't need to turn the site into a social networking site, but it is convenient to have quick jump access to the profile pages of my friends. The only thing that bothers me about it is that friend requests have to be "accepted"; given the purpose it serves (basically a shortcut to an already-semi-public profile page), this seems to be an unnecessary step.

In any event, I like it just the way it is.

Not sure why some people equate the Groundspeak "friends" feature with facebook and all that...they're not even close to the same thing. :blink:

I agree with Lizzie0420, for the same reason. It is a very convenient feature. B)