Another Improved MobiPocket Replacement

fizzymagic

With a little experimenting, I solved a problem. When I ran gpx2html.exe, I was getting the html file, but without any contents. My problem was that I was using a gpx file created by EasyGPS, not the gpx file send by PocketQueries. Apparently there is a difference between gpx files downloaded from PocketQueries and gpx files created by EasyGPS.

Everything works great know. This is a very nice application. Thank you very much.

Well. After 2 months of using MobiPocket and not having the search work, I tried the gpx2html / plucker route.

I am impressed.

It is sooooooo much easier to use than Mobipocket, although I do no know if I can do annotations like MobiPocket. (That is how I recorded my log entries using Mobipocket.)

Unfortunately, my Meridian does not like the "geocache" symbol, so I either have to upload the LOC file that gpx2html creates, or edit the GPX file and change the geocache symbol to "box".

I'll be using this combo of programs rather than Mobipocket from now on.

DustyJacket

...If life was fair, a banana split would cure cancer.

quote:
Originally posted by dustyjacket:

Unfortunately, my Meridian does not like the "geocache" symbol, so I either have to upload the LOC file that gpx2html creates, or edit the GPX file and change the geocache symbol to "box".

The latest release of EasyGPS adjusts the waypoint symbol for you. It was an issue with Magellans in an older version, but release 1.2.2 fixed it.

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

quote:
Originally posted by GeoCraig:

A problem solved

With a little experimenting, I solved a problem. When I ran gpx2html.exe, I was getting the html file, but without any contents. My problem was that I was using a gpx file created by EasyGPS, not the gpx file send by PocketQueries. Apparently there is a difference between gpx files downloaded from PocketQueries and gpx files created by EasyGPS.

Everything works great know. This is a very nice application. Thank you very much.

I always bring my pocket queries into watcher first, filter them based on my mood, and then save out to a new gpx file. Then I use that for gpx2html to generate it's files. This is a super easy way to filter out the ones you don't want to look for.

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:
Originally posted by Stunod:

The latest release of EasyGPS adjusts the waypoint symbol for you.

Unfortunately, I paid for and use ExpertPGS - and they forgot to fix that one.

If they only had a mass-change function to change ALL symbols in on fell swoop........

DustyJacket

...If life was fair, a banana split would cure cancer.

Does the Meridian have multiple different icons to choose from, or is there only one icon? If there are different ones to choose from, then you should take a look at GPX Spinner. You can set it up to change each cache to a different icon depending on what type of cache it is (traditional, multi, virtual, etc.)

Lil Devil lildevil.gif

quote:
Originally posted by dustyjacket:

Unfortunately, I paid for and use ExpertPGS - and they forgot to fix that one.

If they only had a mass-change function to change ALL symbols in on fell swoop........

Nope, it's fixed in the BETA release of ExpertGPS also (that's what I use). They all change to "Default" when uploaded.

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."