How to create, upload a souvenir?

I read the blurb on souvenirs, but it doesn't tell you how to post a souvenir.

I need to know if there are size restrictions, etc.

I posted one at "Prison Values" in Folsom.

Currently Groundspeak is the only one who can. They hire people to make them.

EDIT: Though, feel free to show us your's here. We'd love to see it.

Edited by Coldgears

I placed cache-specific small souvenir items inside two of my cache containers for people to take/trade. I've even made a couple of unique items for favorite caches I don't own. The OP could make a "post card" out of the image, for people to keep, or visitors can enjoy the "souvenir" online as it is.

But I haven't made a web graphic souvenir yet. What do people expect in a "souvenir" graphic (as far as the unofficial kind which may be on cache pages)? And does the referenced place need to be a state/country? Or just a unique spot? Or would people like (or be annoyed by) a "souvenir" on most any cache?

Edited by kunarion

"They hire people . . ." !!??

Wow, really?

There is a vast community full of people with graphic talents

(I'm not one of the talented ones) who would be eager to donate

their work on behalf of their community. I suspect there are

guidelines, however, such as size, scalability, and content, that

Groundspeak would want to specify.

I'm happy though with just posting to the cache gallery.

THANKS, Kunarian, for the great ideas! :D :D

"They hire people . . ." !!??

Wow, really?

There is a vast community full of people with graphic talents

(I'm not one of the talented ones) who would be eager to donate

their work on behalf of their community. I suspect there are

guidelines, however, such as size, scalability, and content, that

Groundspeak would want to specify.

I'm happy though with just posting to the cache gallery.

THANKS, Kunarian, for the great ideas! :D :D

I think they used the creativity of the employees already on staff.

How many of them are there? I've got a "10 Years of Caching" one and a "Portugal" one - for finds in Maderia. But around 110 finds in the UK has resulted in no more.

I think that all currently available souvenirs can be seen on the link below, I'm not sure if it's 100% up to date.

Lat 47 Blog - Souvenirs.

We have one for last year's Mega Scotland event and rumour has it that there might be one for this year's UK Mega in south Wales.

MrsB

I placed cache-specific small souvenir items inside two of my cache containers for people to take/trade. I've even made a couple of unique items for favorite caches I don't own. The OP could make a "post card" out of the image, for people to keep, or visitors can enjoy the "souvenir" online as it is.

But I haven't made a web graphic souvenir yet. What do people expect in a "souvenir" graphic (as far as the unofficial kind which may be on cache pages)? And does the referenced place need to be a state/country? Or just a unique spot? Or would people like (or be annoyed by) a "souvenir" on most any cache?

There are a couple of souvenirs for some very unique caches such as the APE cache in Washington, the original plaque cache located where the first "GPS Stash" was placed, and Groundspeak HQ. There are also a few souvenirs for special events such as events held on 101010 (the first souvenir). The rest are all based on a few selected countries (based on suggestions on the feedback site), US States, Canadian provinces, and German States. Note that not all Countries, or political regions within countries have souvenirs available, and the development of artwork for new souvenirs is currently on the backburner. That's why the person that wrote that they've found 110 caches in the UK didn't get awarded one for the UK. A UK souvenir doesn't exist, nor do souvenirs exist for most countries.

The artwork that you created is nice, and would make a nice addition to the cache page listing but it's not going to be downloadable as a souvenir or appear in the souvenirs section of a users profile.

All of the current souvenirs were created by Groundspeak graphic designers, but GS has mentioned that eventually, once they have a submission and review process in place, they might start accepting artwork from the rest of us.