Are logs for members only?

SurveyContactTeam

I'm still pretty new to geocaching, but I would like to introduce the sport to some of my friends and family. I plan to take them along on a couple of hunts to show them what it's like. However, I don't know if they'd be interested in signing up at geocaching.com, either before or afterwards. If they aren't members but still participate in the hunt, should they sign the log? Or for that matter, trade any items? (I would explain the rules, of course.) I'm not sure about the proper etiquette in this case.

I'm still pretty new to geocaching, but I would like to introduce the sport to some of my friends and family. I plan to take them along on a couple of hunts to show them what it's like. However, I don't know if they'd be interested in signing up at geocaching.com, either before or afterwards. If they aren't members but still participate in the hunt, should they sign the log? Or for that matter, trade any items? (I would explain the rules, of course.) I'm not sure about the proper etiquette in this case.

No problem - have them sign the logs and do fair swaps - they can log online later when/if they sign up.

When I take a friend out for the first time, and they aren't sure if they want to continue, I sign the log as "ngrrfan & friend". That way if they don't continue caching no problems. If they do continue then they can always reference my log entry when they log the cache. That's what my girlfriend did.

Edited by ngrrfan