Question on Hiding a Cache

kwpalms

Hello!

I'm getting ready to seek out a spot for hiding a cache (my first). I know I have to make note of the coordinates and fill out the form and submit it for review but does the cache stay hidden during that time, or do I wait for the reviewer to say that it's approved before officially hiding it?

-kwpalms

I go about things a bit differently. I find a likely location and then send the reviewer a note asking if the location is clear for at least .15 miles (750 feet). If it is then I can fill out the form, hide the cache , submit the form and wait for approval. By doing it this way I only have to make one trip to the location instead of several if the location has nearby caches that I don't know about.

Always have the cache out and ready to be found before submitting the form for review. The very moment that the cache gets published emails will go out to area folks that want to be FTF. They will be angry with you if they arrive on scene and find nothing.

...and - just to be nit picky.....

Caches are not really 'approved' as that sort of implies a higher level process. Caches are instead reviewed for compliance with the guidelines and then published.