Crashes on Garmin Oregon x50

robuck

I have a Garmin Oregon 450 running the latest stable (not beta) software and it works great, except that it crashes for no apparent reason. Most times it crashes when I push a button (no specific button) but today it shut down twice once without pushing a button. If there is a pattern, I don't know what it is other than removing it from the case. As I've been experiencing at least half a dozen shutdowns in the last month, I'm getting concerned. Has anyone else had these problems?

I have a small Topo Canada map loaded along with City Nav on an SD Card and a custom map with about 77 tiles.

I've been experiencing at least half a dozen shutdowns in the last month, I'm getting concerned. Has anyone else had these problems?

There's a particular Geocache page which will crash the Oregon. It's due to some extra symbols left over from a Geocaching.com site update a while back. So you can't rule out some wierd glitch in one of your maps.

But the most common way my Oregon shuts down is from low batteries, which automagically have gotten rotten already. I try a new set of batteries, and viola.

I've been experiencing at least half a dozen shutdowns in the last month, I'm getting concerned. Has anyone else had these problems?

There's a particular Geocache page which will crash the Oregon. It's due to some extra symbols left over from a Geocaching.com site update a while back. So you can't rule out some wierd glitch in one of your maps.

But the most common way my Oregon shuts down is from low batteries, which automagically have gotten rotten already. I try a new set of batteries, and viola.

This is true on both accounts. Didn't think of those pages until mentioned here. Were a pretty big problem a while back.

It had happened to me sporadically before but Saturday was something else

Here's my post from the 4.45 Beta thread.

"Wow! What a day using my Oregon 450 with this software.

Found 16 caches.

Unit froze at least 8 times and had to pull the batteries once to restart it. The other times I just shut it off and re started it.

Lost satellite 5-6 times on top of the freezing, on a clear cool day with blue sky and hardly any to no tree cover in most instances.

I hope they fix the situation before I go out again or I will need to regress to a previous version. "