Garmin Lifetime Map Updates "Lifetime"

Red90

This link says:

"This purchase lets you download the most up-to-date map information available...for the lifetime of your Garmin device. No monthly fees, no maintenance costs. You can update every time a quarterly map update is released from Garmin and not pay again."

I don't see any reference to "useable"?

This from the "official" Garmin site (Also posted in previous thread):

"If you purchase a nüMaps Lifetime™ subscription (sold separately or bundled together with certain GPS models), you will receive up to four (4) map data updates per year, when and as such updates are made available on Garmin’s website, for one (1) compatible Garmin product until your product’s useful life expires or Garmin no longer receives map data from its third party supplier, whichever is shorter. "

However in this case, it appears the unit in question is still being supported and updates sent, so this has not come into play, yet. So this answers the OP. The one unit not to receive the updates appear to be a user, not vendor, issue.

Edited by baloo&bd

Quit lying and putting words in my mouth. Nowhere did I ever say "I was aware" of what USABLE LIFETIME meant to GARMIN...because they never defined it. Try to get it right next time. :rolleyes:

OK, tried to help (you keep overlooking the fix or two mentioned in my posts as well as others that were offered) and as this appears to be a user problem. Since there is no real issue and we are working in the hypothetical, I'm done. You started the other thread with quotes from a customer service tech that even you admitted were hyperbole and then when I quote back your words to you, you say I am "lying and putting words in <your> mouth" as if I could edit your posts.

I don't work for or am in any way associated with Garmin, however posts like yours that are designed for no other purpose than to draw attention to yourself, cloud things for the rest of us when we try to discuss a legitimate issue with a vendor.

When faced with facts (i.e. the link provided with your words) and solutions, you degrade to name calling and obfuscation that is has long passed the point of becoming boring. The quote from Cyrus Ching seems applicable, “Never wrestle with a pig—you get dirty and the pig likes it”

Hello all ....

After taking a nice afternoon off I came back to the small pile of reports that all point to this thread.

Please keep this on topic and refrain from name calling, accusing of lying, or otherwise pulling the thread off topic. Avoid personal attack as well, or the topic will be closed, and some may get a "time out" from the forums.

Please have a beautiful day, and keep the thread polite.