some website issues

not sure who or where to ask these questions:

when i am setting up notifications for new caches, i put in my zip code which translated to coords. i am getting australia. so i went back to the notification preferences and used the coords for a nearby cache. i am getting updates from australia.

question number two. i have a forum signature, says so right in my profile, but on my posts in the geocoin forum, where i mostly hang out, the sig line is not showing up.

not sure it is going to show up now, we shall see when i click "post."

rsg

edited to add: sig line is not showing up even though i have it clicked in the options.

Edited by RedShoesGirl
when i am setting up notifications for new caches, i put in my zip code which translated to coords. i am getting australia. so i went back to the notification preferences and used the coords for a nearby cache. i am getting updates from australia.

Not sure why it didn't work when you used coords, but when a zip code doesn't yield expected results, appending the state should make it work, for example I might use "95602 CA" to get caches near me.

question number two. i have a forum signature, says so right in my profile, but on my posts in the geocoin forum, where i mostly hang out, the sig line is not showing up.

Log out of the forums and back in and it should be fixed.

Now click the button on the left to enter the forums and your changes will appear.

It is my understanding that this is no longer necessary after the latest forum upgrade. Now all you have to do is log out and log in.

I guess I should test this to be sure.

Yep. I just confirmed this. That button over on the gc.com website is no longer needed. After you change your forum sig using the Manage Your Profile page, logging out of the forums and logging back in is all it takes to update the info in the forums.

not sure who or where to ask these questions:

not sure it is going to show up now, we shall see when i click "post."

rsg

edited to add: sig line is not showing up even though i have it clicked in the options.

This post has been edited by RedShoesGirl: Today, 01:33 PM

What? That is not your sig line?? ;)

Now click the button on the left to enter the forums and your changes will appear.

It is my understanding that this is no longer necessary after the latest forum upgrade. Now all you have to do is log out and log in.

I guess I should test this to be sure.

Yep. I just confirmed this. That button over on the gc.com website is no longer needed. After you change your forum sig using the Manage Your Profile page, logging out of the forums and logging back in is all it takes to update the info in the forums.

Cool - good to know.

This post has been edited by RedShoesGirl: Today, 01:33 PM

What? That is not your sig line?? ;)

LOL! the solutions worked. and the australia thing. well, duh me for not reading the whole cache description - a series of caches devoted to and named after australian cities — in the socal desert.

rsg

Edited by RedShoesGirl