Trading un-activated tags

Og's outfit

quote:
Originally posted by bigredmed:

Might be fun to put it in a ziplock bag with a note to move the TB tag to some other state, activate it and send the TB back to a cache near you as its goal. That way you could see what item your tag got attached to, and it would be a novel "boomerang tag".

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nebraskache/

Or another idea would be to find someone in another state, mail it to them, have them activate it, place it into a cache, with the instructions to some day get back to you. That way I would think you might have a better chance of getting it back.

"Yes officer I know I was speeding, but you have to understand, I have a chance to be the FTF !!

texasgeocaching_sm.gifrectangle_logo_cut_out_from_white_sm.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Og's outfit:

Can I put an un-activated (still in the package) tag in a new cache? I know a person will more than likely be able to activate it, but will it allways be accociated with me?

Og

Eeyore's right on the money. Un-activated bugs don't belong to anyone. I had a set of bugs accidentally sent to me and I had them placed in caches as serendipity bugs, for the finder to do with them what they wanted.

Curiously, they've all been picked up and yet some still haven't been activated yet.

Webfoot frog.gif

5307_800.jpg

Yeah, sure....but did he use a GPSr to find it?