How about a new forum emoticon.

OK, I voted and now it is ranked at 115th.

It is a cute donut chewin', (coffee, tea or ?) swillin' little varmit.

Shirley~

The coffee was my idea! After all, what good is a donut without a cup of coffee? signal_donut.gif

Ahem... The coffee is secondary to sheer donutness.

Oh. Right. on topic... I did my civic duty and voted! Vote early, vote often!

Well yeah, certainly. But I have no artistic ability and no computer skills so that was all I could add to the project. Thanks for just cutting me down. :cry:

But you're the ones who posted it on the main forums, and although most of the supporters have been Off topic goers (where's the spirit from the main forums?????) it will end up being a great help when the main forum people get off their duffs and go vote. Actually they don't even have to get off their duffs, just do it from the safety of their own computer chairs.

You're making it happen GOF!!!!

Well, I'm doing my small part.

Donuts are awesome. Doughnuts are a bit too doughy for my taste.

Perhaps more people would vote for this if the entire 'go have a donut' carp wasn't presented to the main forum as just another bit of rudeness a while back.

I think plenty of people will vote for it. When it was used in the forums that you refer to, it was only used because some felt the thread was getting too uptight and needed some comedic relief. As the OP states:

when she suggested people eat doughnuts when they became inflamed on the forums as a way to calm down. We hope this new icon would have a calming effect that would spread to other forums.

Those who used it (some may very well have been posted by myself) probably felt that there was plenty of carp to go around before ever making donut posts.

No.

Ever spent time with a kid who gets a laugh out of the adults when he says something, so he says it over and over again not realizing that about the fourth time he says it it turns from funny to irritating?

Same thing here. Way past overdone.

This is an exact example of why we need this new emoticon.

things get really angsty over here in these forums. We need to be able to send people doughnuts and let them know, that Hey, we care, but eat a doughnut and they'll feel much better about the whole world soon.

(I've been trying not to post "bump" okay?)

No.

Ever spent time with a kid who gets a laugh out of the adults when he says something, so he says it over and over again not realizing that about the fourth time he says it it turns from funny to irritating?

Same thing here. Way past overdone.

Just like the ice cream and the popcorn, it'll settle down.

This thread has gotten off topic. I think we need to signal_donut.gifand collect our thoughts and get back to the purpose of this thread.

I see we have gotten up to 76 votes. I think that is pretty good for a feature that is for the forums and not likely to get a lot of votes from those who don't come here.

Yes of course. Apologies. I forgot which forums I was on there for a second.

Yes, these forums we are called upon to make sense. I digress.

Yes we're up to 31 supporters. This still only ranks us 60th though, so we need to keep seeing those votes coming in!!!

(email your non-forum going geocaching friends and tell them to vote then)

This thread has gotten off topic. I think we need to signal_donut.gifand collect our thoughts and get back to the purpose of this thread.

I see we have gotten up to 76 votes. I think that is pretty good for a feature that is for the forums and not likely to get a lot of votes from those who don't come here.

Are you dropping the Off Topic bomb on us? :huh::ph34r:

Only as an excuse to use the signal_donut.gif.

:anibad:

Only as an excuse to use the signal_donut.gif.

:anibad:

:anitongue:

bomb_drop_smilie.gif

Now, this is what I am talking about!

Today the Signal/donut/coffee emoticon -

Tomorrow maybe the bomb drop or something very similar. I know the artists who made our souvenirs could come up with some great ones. Yes? Maybe? or no, not ever, only in my dreams.

Shirley~

bomb_drop_smilie.gif

Now, this is what I am talking about!

Today the Signal/donut/coffee emoticon -

Tomorrow maybe the bomb drop or something very similar. I know the artists who made our souvenirs could come up with some great ones. Yes? Maybe? or no, not ever, only in my dreams.

Shirley~

Well one emoticon at a time!

we'll see how this one goes over, and maybe they'll be open for suggestions in the future. We'll have to wait and see. I just don't want them to think they have to make a decision on having more in the future by letting us have this one now!

The raspberry ice cream one and the popcorn ones were created by people on the forums, rumor has it.

I don't think it's a lot to ask of them, but I really don't know what it entails to install new ones, so I may be off about that.

I don't know how far up in the ratings we have to be to get attention.

Does anyone here have experience with that??

Bringing this back up top since we constantly get new people showing up in the forums.

Many have not had the chance to vote for this yet, and those who have, haven't heard the latest.

We're up to 132 votes now, although we're only at 49th in ranking, which means that some other issues have pulled ahead. Although we really have no idea what-so-ever what this means as far as making it happen, we still want to have as many votes as possible to show support behind this idea.

I also want to report those who have voted, that this has come up for being reviewed at this point.

While we're really excited about this, we haven't heard anything in a while, and we don't want TPTB to think interest in this topic has subsided.

So please vote if you haven't!

(note that you have to hit the "vote" button, and not just post a comment)

(also note that you can give up to three votes to this issue, and that when the issue is resolved you will get your three votes back)

http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/75775-geocaching-com/suggestions/1453077-how-about-a-new-forum-emoticon-?ref=title

this isnt the vote?

No, go to the link on the first page, or a few posts ago (I'll repost it in this point in a second)

then be sure to click the "vote" button. Just posting a comment on that page won't give you a vote either.

So, hit the "vote" button, and then it will ask you how many votes you want to give. Hit three and you're done!

Thank you!!

Here's the link: http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/75775-geocaching-com/suggestions/1453077-how-about-a-new-forum-emoticon-?ref=title

Edited by Sol seaker