How about a new forum emoticon.

This is an official (or as official as anything can get in the "off topic" forums) petition to Groundspeak to get a new icon in our Emoticons menu.

This icon has been discussed here in "off topics" for some time.

Our beloved Sioneva came up with the original thought when she suggested people eat doughnuts when they became inflamed on the forums as a way to calm down. We hope this new icon would have a calming effect that would spread to other forums.

Our brilliant Knowschad has come up with the beginning idea for this new icon

(he will have to cut and paste it here, because it's not working for me)

He hopes to get this idea expanded upon and have it animated. We know the Groundspeak lackeys are well talented at this.

The rumor has it that the popcorn and the raspberry ice cream were added later from the forums. We hope our great doughnut icon will be added in with these ranks.

Please sign this petition in hopes of world peace for all forums!!!!

signal_donut.gif

Knowschad came up with a still image and then Cache Test Dummies animated it.

There is a thread for it on the feedback site.

Edited by GOF and Bacall

I like donoughts..

I'll remove your quote from my signature if you give it 3 votes.

I only have 2 votes left.

....besides, I've had fun trying to explain it to others......

So...Just what the heck is it all about?

Extraordinary bad typing skills.

It was a thread about what we carry while Geocaching. It should have read "From my pouch" :ph34r:

I like donoughts..

I'll remove your quote from my signature if you give it 3 votes.

I only have 2 votes left.

....besides, I've had fun trying to explain it to others......

So...Just what the heck is it all about?

Extraordinary bad typing skills.

It was a thread about what we carry while Geocaching. It should have read "From my pouch" :ph34r:

Oh! Got it! I knoew all abuot bda tiping skilds!

This is an official (or as official as anything can get in the "off topic" forums) petition to Groundspeak to get a new icon in our Emoticons menu.

This icon has been discussed here in "off topics" for some time.

Our beloved Sioneva came up with the original thought when she suggested people eat doughnuts when they became inflamed on the forums as a way to calm down. We hope this new icon would have a calming effect that would spread to other forums.

Our brilliant Knowschad has come up with the beginning idea for this new icon

(he will have to cut and paste it here, because it's not working for me)

He hopes to get this idea expanded upon and have it animated. We know the Groundspeak lackeys are well talented at this.

The rumor has it that the popcorn and the raspberry ice cream were added later from the forums. We hope our great doughnut icon will be added in with these ranks.

Please sign this petition in hopes of world peace for all forums!!!!

signal_donut.gif

Knowschad came up with a still image and then Cache Test Dummies animated it.

There is a thread for it on the feedback site.

We're up to 28 votes!!! That's great!

But it just puts us up to 133rd in the rankings. Let's see this one hit #1 in record time guys!!

OK, I voted and now it is ranked at 115th.

It is a cute donut chewin', (coffee, tea or ?) swillin' little varmit.

Shirley~

The coffee was my idea! After all, what good is a donut without a cup of coffee? signal_donut.gif

Ahem... The coffee is secondary to sheer donutness.

Oh. Right. on topic... I did my civic duty and voted! Vote early, vote often!

Shirley~

The coffee was my idea! After all, what good is a donut without a cup of coffee? signal_donut.gif

Well yeah, certainly. But I have no artistic ability and no computer skills so that was all I could add to the project. Thanks for just cutting me down. :cry:

Shirley~

Well yeah, certainly. But I have no artistic ability and no computer skills so that was all I could add to the project. Thanks for just cutting me down. :cry:

JC_coffee2.gif

I think its time for everybody to just settle down and have a donut.

signal_donut.gif

Nice, except for the blue napkin/cup of java thing. (not that I'm saying a donut and coffee is a bad thing!)

You got a problem with blue?

This is in the regular forums where people pick apart everything, so don't take it personal and don't worry about it.

You can hand them a plate of gold and some will complain it's tarnished.

signal_donut.gif

Nice, except for the blue napkin/cup of java thing. (not that I'm saying a donut and coffee is a bad thing!)

This is in the regular forums where people pick apart everything, so don't take it personal and don't worry about it.

It might have been a while but I'm pretty sure I can talk here without the attack.

Edited by BlueDeuce

signal_donut.gif

That's my buddy BlueDoose. Thanks for the support, but I don't need it. He's One Of The Good Guys.

(heheheh! Yeah, rigghhhtttt)

signal_donut.gif

It is a cup, by the way, not a napkin. You don't like blue for the cup? White could be problematic. What color would you prefer? Perhaps the clever cow would not mind changing it to suit your whims.

Edited by knowschad

signal_donut.gif

It is a cup, by the way, not a napkin. You don't like blue for the cup? White could be problematic. What color would you prefer? Perhaps the clever cow would not min8d changing it to suit your whims.

My 'Nice' comment wasn't sarcasm, but can see that it might have been taken that way. My apology.

I like the doughnut eating part of the emoticon, but it seems to me that the...napkin? is unnecessary.

That is the coffee. True... coffee may not be everyone's cup of tea ( :blink: ) but for most of us, it is a big part of eating a donut.

Personally, I'd like to see him use his other hand for the coffee, but that's probably just because I can't let go of my donut OR my coffee. Its a security thing, much like Linus' blanket.

What? Only 15 supporters so far? No donuts for you, then!!

If you can't afford to vote today, don't worry about it. Vote today, and you won't have to pay a dime until this time next year. And you know what? You won't even have to pay a dime then, either. Not for TWO WHOLE YEARS. And by that time, nobody will remember or even care that you voted, so... live on the edge. Vote early, vote often.

Shirley~

But you're the ones who posted it on the main forums, and although most of the supporters have been Off topic goers (where's the spirit from the main forums?????) it will end up being a great help when the main forum people get off their duffs and go vote. Actually they don't even have to get off their duffs, just do it from the safety of their own computer chairs.

You're making it happen GOF!!!!