Obtaining other's 'My Finds' query to confirm a challenge completion

Broken Trowel

Are there any rules against asking another user for a copy of his/her 'My Finds' query to confirm their completion of a challenge cache?

I've been pondering an idea for a challenge cache that would require me needing to have a copy of a finisher's 'My Finds' query to confirm their completion of the challenge. Another geocacher has volunteered to create a program that would glean the necessary finds from a user's 'My Finds' query and confirm the user's completion of the challenge. Considering the number of caches required to complete this challenge, a bookmark list would not be useful as a confirmation list for this particular challenge.

Any thoughts or does anyone know of other threads here in the forums that may be helpful RE this topic?

-BT

Asking someone for their My Finds is a violation of the terms of use for the query.

It is the cachers responsibility to provide proof of completion. However if you head over to the GSAK forums there is probably one of the macro gurus that can create a macro for you that will graphically prove that the challenge is meet.

A good system to confirm that people have completed a challenge is to, uh, trust people when they say they've completed it.

I agree.

Beside the TOU issue, asking for a My Find query (or a bookmark list) to confirm a challenge would mean the challenge would have to be PMO, as basic members can not get a My Finds query nor create a bookmark list. My fear is that with the statistics page, challenges caches will start using the statistics page for verification. I am currently hiding my statistics because I can't yet control it and turn off the sections I don't want to show. As soon as someone places a challenge that is based on the GC.com stats page, I will have to put it on my ignore list, even if it based on a stat that I don't mind sharing.