Happy New Year Pay It Forward Geocoin

Tennessee Jed

I have been thinking about how I could give a gift to someone who is not that familiar with geocoins, while at the same time promoting and reviving the geocoin community if possible.

Well, I as an individual cannot do anything other than this regarding promotion. But since geocoin interest is on the decline there is something all of us can do if we want.

I’m sure there are many ideas out there, but what I am proposing is to give one or several trackable coins to someone who has none. Unfortunately placing a coin in a cache does not guarantee it will reach someone who would really enjoy it. Instead of putting a coin in a cache, give it away. If the receiver has any questions or does not know about geocoins you will be there to give a explanation.

You can offer a coin to someone that reads this thread. Or you could give a coin to a new member in your geocaching club or to a geocacher who does not participate in the geocoin portion of a major event.

For those selling their coins give a few away that don’t sell. As interest grows, so do sales.

So no participation is required in this thread unless you want to or if you consider it a good idea. Then just bumb. bump. Bump.

I’ll start this by offering a geocoin to someone who does not have one. Contact me outside of this thread and I will post an ‘Offer Complete’ when the deal is done. I will also give a coin to a new club member or a new event participant.

Anyone who has no geocoins want one? The first person to send me your address will get one.

Edited by Tennessee Jed

I've been doing this at random times by leaving a personal/signature card in the cache with instructions to contact me by email if they are interested in getting a geocoin, then I mail the coin to that person directly. I have usually done this for caches that I really enjoyed when traveling and it's a neat way to also strike up a conversation with cachers from those areas -- or even other visitors who enjoyed the same cache!

But, Jed, I like your idea as well... and I've got a few coins still to give away. Send me a couple of names & email and I'll see what I can do to get them a lonely, unactivated coin from my collection!

I like this idea and have done a similar thing before. Count me in on this.

I will give a GOD JUL 2010 coin to a new coiner.

Do I get a name from you Tennessee Jed, or do you want the receiver to contact me directly?

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!!!

grodan Karin

Just post that you have any trackable coin to give away. If someone sends their address then post a 'Offer Completed'. If no one takes your offer or if you want to do more, give a trackable coin to a new geocacher or a cacher not familiar with geocoins. And pass this idea on to any of your geocoin friends! :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas to you and everyone!

Edited by Tennessee Jed

We are in! Any new cacher that does not own a geocoin that wants a never in the wild, perfect condition, un-activated geocoin PM us via our GC profile! Good idea TJed! ::cool:

Merry Christmas to all the coiners out there!

:) Mission Completed! A new geocoin will be on it's way to Iowa from NJ! :santa:

Edited by JoenSue

I like this idea and have done a similar thing before. Count me in on this.

I will give a GOD JUL 2010 coin to a new coiner.

Do I get a name from you Tennessee Jed, or do you want the receiver to contact me directly?

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!!!

grodan Karin

Ok then, I have a GOD JUL 2010 coin to give away to someone new to geocoins.

Please send me your adress through my profile and I will get it in the mail to you.

All the best.

grodan Karin

Wow... is this for real?!! I've been reading the forums and trying to understand the ways that geocoins get into the hands of newbies like me, without blindly ordering through the web. I would be THRILLED if someone donated a coin to help start me off.

Keep looking through these forums. There is some great information that is being shared constantly. I have found some grab bags available here that have had some wonderful coins, as well as many users selling coins they are developing. One of the threads that was recommended to me when I first started viewing the forums was this one http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=111486 . You can see a lot of what others are receiving and its a good way to learn what others are getting and where they are available.

Edited by EyeD10T

Here is a request if someone has any more coins to offer...

Hi there and firstly Seasons Greetings.

I came accross the thread about the opportunity to receive a real coin as a newbie and hence am making contact to see if we qualify.

Maybe you could pass my email on to any body that wishes to participate. We would love to receive a coin. (especially one of yours)

Many Thanks for reading

moogaabee

MooGaaBee - John

Happy New Year from Southern Spain

I came accross the thread about the opportunity to receive a real coin as a newbie and hence am making contact to see if we qualify.

Maybe you could pass my email on to any body that wishes to participate. We would love to receive a coin. (especially one of yours)

Many Thanks for reading

Moogaabee - John

ok, i havent purchased any coins for ages so i do not have any new/mint/nonregistered geocoins to pay if forward. but i would like to pay it forward in some way because in the few years i have been on these forums the genorosity of others to me and to others never fails to bring a smile to my face.

i cant match the giving away of some new coins like th eothers on this thread, but i am offering an already registered geocoin to one or two ppeople who dont have a coin yet, the coins are already registered in my name but i will adopt it over to someone here and will mail the real coin to them in the new year (uk postal service is still xmas delayed)

so pm or email me, a coin will be adopted to you

Thank you for the generous gifts. It looks like I have 2 coming my way because of this post. I know a cacher in my area that I will share one of the two that are coming to me. They too are "newbies" to geocoins and will appreciate the gift. I have seen wonderful things from the caching community here and will continue to "pay it forward".

Many Thanks for reading

moogaabee

MooGaaBee - John

That same person sent the same email to me....he was my offer complete. I have not heard back for the shipping address, though

Hi - I am a newbie, with 71 finds today. So far no coins have been in the cache's or if they were I did not know what they were..... I am looking forward to my first coin. If anyone is interested in Paying it forward to me, I will return the favor in the future.

sasyblonde90808 - here in Southern California.... "where it never rains" ... LOL