suggested retailers for wooden nickel signature items?

Hey folks,

I'm looking to purchase some wooden nickel style signature items to leave in caches.

Last year my wife bought me 100 custom wooden nickels and they were cool. The only problem I had was they were easily ruined when damp. Of course anything made of wood isn't meant to stay wet but the lettering on these came right off when even a little wet. I don't know anything about how these are made but if you looked closely it seemed the lettering was pasted on as opposed to painted or printed or whatever you call it.

So, can anyone recommend any good sources for quality made and affordably priced custom wooden nickels?

PS: I'm not interested in making them myself.

Thanks!

Edited by Fusilli Jerry

We make our own. You can buy blanks at most any craft store (Hobby Lobby, Micheal's), along with an in expensive ink pad. I had our stamps custom made using our own design at www.rubberstamps.net, two stamp designs, for less than 20 dollars shipped. Or, if your design is simple enough, you can make your own using a large rubber eraser. Before placing in a cache, I put them in a small ziploc bag, also available at craft stores (for jewelry), or drug stores (pill baggies). I spent ~30 bucks total to start, which included two bags of blanks (22 per bag). Now, when I need more, I just stop and pick up a bag of blanks, stamp and bag them, and I'm good to go. My son loves to help make them, and, when someone finds one, it's something we enjoyed making ourselves.

Eventually, I'd like to try lightly stamping a couple, and try to use a wood burning tool to make them even more unique. My few attempts at wood burning have been disasters so far though. The old hands aren't as steady as they use to be.

David

For unique signature items such as dog tags, guitar picks, book marks and key chains try http://www.simplyremembered.com. Reasonably priced too.

Hey folks,

I'm looking to purchase some wooden nickel style signature items to leave in caches.

Last year my wife bought me 100 custom wooden nickels and they were cool. The only problem I had was they were easily ruined when damp. Of course anything made of wood isn't meant to stay wet but the lettering on these came right off when even a little wet. I don't know anything about how these are made but if you looked closely it seemed the lettering was pasted on as opposed to painted or printed or whatever you call it.

So, can anyone recommend any good sources for quality made and affordably priced custom wooden nickels?

PS: I'm not interested in making them myself.

Thanks!