Sat nav help please?

Hi all,

I hope this isn't a daft question but I am on the look out for a sat nav that i can load caches into.

I have the garmin vista for actual caching but would prefer a proper sat nav that could highlight where these caches are as we are driving along.

Is this simply a case of downloading these as a gpx file/gsak macro to ANY sat nav unit and this info being shown as points of interest or is there more to it?

Suggestions of suitable (and hopefully cheap :anibad: ) examples would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Hi all,

I hope this isn't a daft question but I am on the look out for a sat nav that i can load caches into.

I have the garmin vista for actual caching but would prefer a proper sat nav that could highlight where these caches are as we are driving along.

Is this simply a case of downloading these as a gpx file/gsak macro to ANY sat nav unit and this info being shown as points of interest or is there more to it?

Suggestions of suitable (and hopefully cheap :D ) examples would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Any Tom Tom will do what you want ..... just export everything from GSAK to a folder and drag the contents to UK maps or Europe maps on Tom Tom .

Even better is to download Big Wolf's macro and export to a file or direct to Tom Tom that way.

See , you should have come to

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...24-79237594c4ae

:anibad::mad::D

Edited by Flyfishermanbob

I have a garmin nuvi, and downloaded a macro for gsak and it does it all for me.

If you search on here for nuvi there is a thread about paperless caching with a nuvi.

I bought my sat nav of ebay purely due to that thread

editted as i found the thead for you

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=193374

Thanks for the help :mad:

Chris,i have searched your site before but somehow missed that part....looks like the numptie guide i need :anibad:

and thanks reddeeps i will read through that thread(and the follow up on Gsak) to give me a better idea.

Thanks again

Steve

BEWARE with TomTom.

They went through a stage of not allowing POI's to give a proximity warning, other than their own speed camera database POI (which you paid TomTom for).

You can load a POI file of caches and navigate there, but not have an alarm sound if you were near a cache.

They do seem to be either updating, or say they will update, their various units.