Opinions please

EyeD10T

Haha...these forums are in NO WAY family friendly!!! They aren't even newbie friendly.

And rude? Do you read the forums here? Haha...thanks for the early morning laugh!

I'm in agreement with you 100% on this statement. I can think of much ruder things posted on these forums than the curse word you used.

Thank you. I actually had to take a break from the forums for a while because of how rude the major players were. I mean, seriously, to call this a family forum is a JOKE.

Well, I'm at GZ of one cache and moving on to another, so off I go...(oh, btw, my previous post was edited by a moderator, but I'll go ahead and edit it myself, tyvm!)

Just because you find others to be rude is no reason for you to purposely violate the forum guidelines.

Ha! Pot, meet kettle.

The mods are pretty good about letting me know if I've violated the forum guidelines. It is not a frequent occurance.

I have noticed, however, that there are some that miscategorize disagreement with animus. In my opinion, this says more about them than it does my posts.

REALLY?? Aren't you the one that provided me with my moniker of Overconfident Newb because my opinion differed from yours on safety around a railroad track?

In my opinion, you are in the top 5 rudest people on here. Sadly, having gotten caught up in the moment responding to your posts, I have probably gotten myself on that list too.

I have to totally agree with this. The absolute rudeness displayed on this site is sometimes laughable. But hey, if I've got a couple thousand posts then I gues I could get away with it too.

Well, of course. It's always about 'them' and never about you. TG it's just your opinion...

Ummm, aren't the last several of your posts to this thread just various versions of it being about everyone else instead of you? Just take ownership of the fact that you willfully blew through the guidelines and stop trying to play it off like everyone else is to blame.

Edited by sbell111

Haha...these forums are in NO WAY family friendly!!! They aren't even newbie friendly.

And rude? Do you read the forums here? Haha...thanks for the early morning laugh!

I'm in agreement with you 100% on this statement. I can think of much ruder things posted on these forums than the curse word you used.

Thank you. I actually had to take a break from the forums for a while because of how rude the major players were. I mean, seriously, to call this a family forum is a JOKE.

Well, I'm at GZ of one cache and moving on to another, so off I go...(oh, btw, my previous post was edited by a moderator, but I'll go ahead and edit it myself, tyvm!)

Just because you find others to be rude is no reason for you to purposely violate the forum guidelines.

Ha! Pot, meet kettle.

The mods are pretty good about letting me know if I've violated the forum guidelines. It is not a frequent occurance.

I have noticed, however, that there are some that miscategorize disagreement with animus. In my opinion, this says more about them than it does my posts.

REALLY?? Aren't you the one that provided me with my moniker of Overconfident Newb because my opinion differed from yours on safety around a railroad track?

Actually, you disagreed with EVERYBODY on whether safety is a concern with regards to whether a cache should be listed and whether it was the basis of the RR ROW guideline.

In my opinion, you are in the top 5 rudest people on here. Sadly, having gotten caught up in the moment responding to your posts, I have probably gotten myself on that list too.

I will be able to sleep tonight even with the knowedge that John doesn't like me.

Well, of course. It's always about 'them' and never about you. TG it's just your opinion...

Ummm, aren't the last several of your posts to this thread just various versions of it being about everything else instead of you? Just take ownership of the fact that you willfully blew through the guidelines and stop trying to play it off like everyone else is to blame.

Honey, you can't ready very well can you? I took full ownership of what I said and never claimed not to do so. In Fact, my response was, "and?"

Why on earth would I blame anyone for what I said. Nice try!

My point, which you have demonstrated so perfectly well, is that this place is far from family friendly. It's not even friendly. Heck, it's not even neutral. It's dominated by mean people who are really good at "overtalking" other people and pretending that because they've been on here for a few years that they are better than everyone else.

In the scheme of this board, my words are far from offensive!! But hey, if thats all you got, then it's all you got.

Yawn. I'm bored with this thread, but it does give me something to do while waiting out these muggles...

Edited by JesandTodd

Can we get back on topic? :(

HAH! I guess the rest of the top 5 will be posting soon.

Uh... Would that be a "No"? :(

There's really only two ways to take that post.

1. He has no intention to discuss the thread's topic, or
  2. Anyone who disagrees with him is automatically on the rude list.

As I recall, the topic was that the OP owns a nano. Someone found the nano, but elected to not fight with the log scroll. He posted in his 'find' log that he elected not to sign. The OP was soliciting advice.

Some advised him to delete the log. I suggested that he consider teh ramifications of deletion prior to doing so.

Some advised him not to worry about it.

Some advised him to contact the finder and ask him to remove the bit about not signing. This is the advice that he took. The finder promptly redacted the offending verbiage. The OP seems satisfied with the outcome. Since the OP's issue appears to be resolved, the thread may as well be closed, in my opinion.