Mistaken log

cycler951

I mistakenly logged a cache as Found yesterday when I actually didn't find it. I used my iPhone to log a cache I did fine, and didn't realize that it was still open to a cache that I had not found. I don't want to take credit for a find I didn't make. Is there a way to change it? Thanks for the advice.

BTW, this is my first forum post. I am relatively new to geocaching but love it. I went to Europe last month to visit my daughter who lives there, doing some traveling in Sweden and Germany. I geocached all the way through, meeting some pretty cool geocachers on the way. Many spoke no English, but we had geocaching in common. Not being able to read the descriptions and hints for some of the caches made it especially challenging. But it definitely honed my eye for likely places to find a cache! My activities also brought me to places in the cities I visited that weren't in the guidebooks or tourist routes. All in all, it really added a lot of enjoyment to my trip.

You can change it. Go to the cache description and look for your log. once you find it, on your left hand side click View / Edit Logs / Images. Under View Geocache Log click the edit button. then you can change both the log and log type. Finally, click submit log entry button at the bottom of the page and you're done.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

zdeng15014

Just go to the cache page and click on "edit" log under your posting and there you can choose to delete the log or under your profile page you can click, "visit log" at the end of the cache you recently found and do it from there.

Edit to add:Wow, three posts from the time I saw the OP to when I posted.

Edited by ao318

Now you can write a bunch of mean stuff about a terribly lousy geocache you encounter..... and then edit it to say nice things.

The owner will get a notification for the post.... and then will race over to delete your log... and find nice things posted. <_<:lol::)

Ya might want to limit this silly practice to cachers that you know. :rolleyes:

A couple of cachers searched for our local evil hide (1 find and 125+ dnf's) and mistakenly logged it as a find instead of another DNF. I guess they got a bunch of emails, including mine, asking if they had actually found it. <_< The edited their log but that does not go out to everyone who is watching it. LOL

You can change it. Go to the cache description and look for your log. once you find it, on your left hand side click View / Edit Logs / Images. Under View Geocache Log click the edit button. then you can change both the log and log type. Finally, click submit log entry button at the bottom of the page and you're done.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

zdeng15014

I geocached all the way through, meeting some pretty cool geocachers on the way. Many spoke no English, but we had geocaching in common. Not being able to read the descriptions and hints for some of the caches made it especially challenging. But it definitely honed my eye for likely places to find a cache! My activities also brought me to places in the cities I visited that weren't in the guidebooks or tourist routes. All in all, it really added a lot of enjoyment to my trip.
Finding cool places not in the guidebooks is one of my favorite parts of geocaching while on vacation. <_<

A tip on web pages in different languages: Google Translate. Just paste the web address into the box & hit "Translate". It isn't perfect, but it helps some.