Basecamp not loading Geocaches

CondorTrax

Hi@all

it seem like i have the same problem. Is there any way to get my PQ's shown as Geocaches and not as simple waypoints?

If not i absolutely dont know why Í bought this expensive Orgeon550 and the Garmin maps...

If this topic is already solved i need a little help to find the solution

Thx so far....

Are you trying to import the PQ's after you have exported them as GPX files from GSAK and saved to your PC? If so they need to be "fixed" by running the DelormeGpxFix.gsk macro.

I have just imported one of my PQ's as downloaded from Groundspeak into Basecamp and they show up Ok. These have not been run through GSAK, just extracted from the zip file.

You also need to click on the Geocache Icon at the bottom of the Basecamp screen in order for them to show all of the info.

Thanks for your replies so far. I just made a screenshot to show u more exactly what i mean.

The geocaches are shown as treasure chests. But they are categorized as simple waypoint and not as Geocaches so that i can filter them.

And no they werent importet vom Gsak they were importet directly from the pq.gpx

Im totaly helpless...

basecamp.jpg

THX

Another thought - go to Your Profile on Groundspeak and then click on View Your Account Details.

At the bottom left of the page which GPX Version do you have it set to?

Mine is set at 1.0 , perhaps this is why Basecamp is not showing the cache details.

If yours is set to 1.0.1 try changing it to 1.0.

Then try downloading another PQ and see if that works.

I use this setting with my Oregon 450 and the GPS functions as it should.

I'm having the same problem, the only way I get to see all geocaches with all information is to have gps hooked up to computer while in BaseCamp! Geocaches were loaded into GPS (Oregon 450) without using GSAK.I tried saving to a new list but most revert to waypoints. I tried several times with different PQs.

I also thank you for any info to fix this.

Bobkatz+Wife

Thanks for your replies so far. I just made a screenshot to show u more exactly what i mean.

The geocaches are shown as treasure chests. But they are categorized as simple waypoint and not as Geocaches so that i can filter them.

And no they werent importet vom Gsak they were importet directly from the pq.gpx

Im totaly helpless...

basecamp.jpg

THX

Hello. I had the same problem. After contacting Groundspeak support I have changed my profile back to GPX v1.0 for PQ's. Garmin Basecamp can't handle the extra attributes in v1.0.1. My Garmin GPSmap 62st seems to be able to handle the updated format though. I was using GSAK to handle the v1.0.1 files but it seems to "corrupt/change" them when exporting so that Basecamp reads the Geocaches as waypoints.

2 solutions for me are...

Use v1.0.1 GPX PQ's with GSAK only and Garmin 62st GPSr

or

Use v1.0 GPX PQ's with Basecamp only and Garmin 62st GPSr

Happy caching.....

sKermi

I am using a mac and when I transfer my pq's to base camp they show the treasure chest icon but only display the GC code and not the cache name and when I send then to my 62st they only show as waypoints and I cannot view the cache info. I tried talking to garmin support but they were not helpful.

I had an issue when exporting Geocaches to Basecamp using the GSAK export function - they would only show up as waypoints without the cache info.

What I do now is:

1: Export the caches from GSAK using the built in GPX/LOC function.

2: Then use the DelormeGpxfix macro on the file I have just created using the abovementioned function.

I had an issue when exporting Geocaches to Basecamp using the GSAK export function[...]

There is not such export function for BaseCamp. If you are using GDB export the result (showing as waypoints) is expected. BaseCamp needs GPX files (V1.0) for showing caches correctly.

Hans