Had a great day out today.

leemel

I attempted the Calverton/Woodborough circular series today, and had a fantastic time, just walking in the countryside with the dog, met a few muggles on the way, went places I never knew existed despite only living 10 miles away, and I really got the feeling that this was what was intended when geocaching started.

So for all the cache owners and maintainers, thank you very much for making this possible.

:)

I attempted the Calverton/Woodborough circular series today, and had a fantastic time, just walking in the countryside with the dog, met a few muggles on the way, went places I never knew existed despite only living 10 miles away, and I really got the feeling that this was what was intended when geocaching started.

So for all the cache owners and maintainers, thank you very much for making this possible.

:)

How about mine.

I went to delaware and found 10 geocaches, I went 15 miles out of the way (Making the drive about 55 mins instead of about a 40 mins.) instead of just getting two. It was a beautiful rail to trail series. (Where they converted an old railroad into a trail). Here's where things get interesting. I left home at about 10:30 to 11:00. I live in Bensalem PA, so in order to get to Delaware I have to take I-95 southbound. I stop at Wawa and get a hashbrown and go on my way. Now you have to remember, I-95 takes you right to and around Philadelphia PA. All of a sudden I see a cop car, then 5 more, then 2 more. Then 5 motorcycle police men. I must've saw 40+ police! In the middle I saw what looked like a armored car with tinted black windows, it had two flags on it. Then it clicked, IT MUST BE THE PRESIDENT. I was certain. So I got home and relaxed after doing a 4 mile trail (Two miles there two miles back) afterwards I went to watch the news and guess what? It was the vice president. Apparently he was going to a Jewish Muesuem Opening.

http://www.digtriad.com/news/national_worl...4&catid=175

Edited by Coldgears

The Headwaters Forest called to-day. So out into the liquid sunshine ( fog ) we went. The liquid sun ( fog ) was right on the deck and it was surreal being in the tall trees. ( one of the last stands of original growth Redwood trees ) Nothing finer than a Redwood well over 200 feet tall and 12 - 14 foot across at the butt. Yes, across, not around.

Located one cache inside a Redwood stump which during the heyday of the Town of Falk, California ( now gone ) had served as a dwelling for a forest worker!!!

Edited by humboldt flier