accidental premium cache find

deacdiddy

While eating lunch at a local fast food parking lot I noticed some people in the Park n Ride lot next door searching the plastic fence post..Well they finally find a loose post cap and remove an item, carry it to their car, and return it minutes later. Huuuummm...drug drop perhaps? So I had to go check it out after they left. Turns out it is a Premium Travel hotel...I don't suppose there is any way a regular member can log a find on a premium cache?..of course other than the obvious ...Become a Premium Member!

While eating lunch at a local fast food parking lot I noticed some people in the Park n Ride lot next door searching the plastic fence post..Well they finally find a loose post cap and remove an item, carry it to their car, and return it minutes later. Huuuummm...drug drop perhaps? So I had to go check it out after they left. Turns out it is a Premium Travel hotel...I don't suppose there is any way a regular member can log a find on a premium cache?..of course other than the obvious ...Become a Premium Member!

See my signature.

I didn't see the GC # at first glance..It must be a premium since it doesn't show up on my reg. member map. I'll go back and examine the contents again...Thanks

Go to a cache near this one, and click on "Find ... all nearby caches". It should be on the list.

Thanks for helping the NOOB!

or #5 for multiple methods.

One thing that thread did not mention (because it is not directly relevant) is that you can tag on "&logtype=2" to automatically select "Found". You can also tag on "&logtype=3" for DNF but it doesn't make much sense for the PMO scenario :laughing: I learned that from dfx in a thread.

A topic needs to be pinned or list it somewhere in the guidelines how to do it so these type questions get reduced. Caches are made to be found.

Yes that will work....Thanks

Now, for your next assignment, try to figure out how to locate a premium member cache without a premium membership :laughing:

You'll be caching blind, of course, with fuzzy coordinates. But it is an interesting exercise.

When I was a BM, I was able to get coordinates correct to three decimal places of a minute. I have checked several of my coordinates I got from triangulation now that I am a PM, and they are all correct. Takes some work though. But that just adds to the satisfaction when you make the grab and log the find.