Kids account?

AmidalaSkywalker

Hi,

my son has just discoverd, that he enjoys geocaching.

I think, it would be nice, for him to have his own account.

The problem is, that he is too small yet, to create and administer an account.

Is it ok for me to open an account for him?

I would love for him to be able to see all the caches he has been to, when he is old enough to really appreciate it.

It woul be really cool, to have kind of a spin off account of my account, or something like a list, that I could just transfer to him later.

Of course i could just use a word document, but surely you guys can understand, that it would just not be the same, since Iwant him to have his own log entrys.

How do other parents handle this?

that's perfectly acceptable. many people even run accounts for toddlers, their dogs or even fictious characters from books they write.

Thanks!

But I would have to create an email account for him, too, right?

Or could I use my address for another account?

And there´s the problem of the user name, I want to create a name that he can still use when he is 15 so it can´t be something cute like MiniSkywalker :rolleyes:

My kids have their own account. We created them, and they enter the logs they want to. As their young, then really don't like logging their own things, but every and a while they get the urge to.

kustump is my eldest son, now 10. He goes along with me on many adventures, but would rather go look for things versus log them as found. Completely OK with me, as he can play this game any way he chooses.

My 7 year old created his own account. Other than the one bad post he made in the forum, he has been fine with his account. He doesnt always log his finds, but I try to keep him updated when he falls behind. It is a little more effort on my part, but he usually enjoys caching, and that makes it worth it in the long run.

it is perfectly fine. i have seen a user on here that is just an infant, couldn't even raise his head when he started. he is even a premium member...

My son and boyfriends son want to make their own accounts so they can start signing logs, but they are too lazy to do it.. lol. .