Recommend me a better GPS

I've been geocaching for a couple months now and I've been pretty happy with my Etrex Legend, until yesterday. It has been pretty accurate but yesterday I went looking at a state forest with very cloudy conditions (started raining as soon as I gave up) as well as thick tree coverage. It kept pointing me in all different directions as well as one second I would be within 50 feet then it would say I was 150 feet away. After a little bit I just got very frustrated and gave up.

I'm not looking for anything too fancy. I enjoyed the Etrex Legend I just want something with better reception. The only drawback I have is I am only working part time since I'm in school and I'm pretty broke. The most I can see myself spending is about $250. What am I looking at guys?

By the way I've been watching craigslit for the past couple months and nothing ever comes up for handheld gps's

Just about anything made recently will help to solve your problem under heavy overhead cover. The old Legend (and you didn't say Legend "H", so I assume you have the older one) didn't have the same high sensitivity chip sets that everyone is using these days. A few dB of sensitivity makes a world of difference.

$250 will buy you a LOT of GPS. A few weeks back, it would have even bought you a Garmin Oregon 450 at REI.

If you don't need the ability to route with street maps, it will save you a bunch of bucks.

A Garmin eTrex Venture HC has a much nicer (color) screen than your old unit, and you can find these for $126 on Amazon, no tax, free shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-eTrex-Venture...r/dp/B000PDR230

Correction yes it is a Legend H. I'm kind of interested in the 60csx from the reviews on it. As I said I like mine now I just wish it had better reception.

I have no interest in street maps. I have a TomTom for my car that I got for christmas last year. I have used it all of one time lol. I prefer finding my own way in my car thats where I find new places, by getting lost lol.